501 - 520 of 575 Posts

·
(..+
2,523 Posts
yeah then what springs? come on you know i know nothing about this lmao
Hehe :D

- Megan Racing (~2.5 inches around)
- Tanabe DF210(~2.5 inches around)
- Skunk 2 springs (~2.0 - 2.5 inches around)

Theres a couple that do a 1.4 drop. Guess it depends on how low you wanna go. but the KYB AGX are adjustable struts so... they function sort of like coils.

But Honestly you should probably just try to pick up a set of coils.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Megan-Racing-EZ-Street-Coilovers-Shocks-Springs-Toyota-Celica-00-05-/271176583269?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Celica&hash=item3f23624865&vxp=mtr

Those megans are $700 and i've heard some good things about Megan so...

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
or would you recommend the zeal coilovers that you're on??
Sure, if you got an extra 2-3k to drop on coils than Zeal is the way to go. I got my coils for a steal of the price and I completely love them

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sure, if you got an extra 2-3k to drop on coils than Zeal is the way to go. I got my coils for a steal of the price and I completely love them
nope I have other priorities that need attention. got a hair appointment coming up and that alone is gonna cost me a few hundred. :p:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
the rims look good on your car....however....your choice of racelands....:meh:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Now all you need is the rear sway and you can take anybody around the corners lol

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
have YOU ever tried them?
Like I said, I wouldn't go cheap on coilovers. Do your research on racelands for other cars, lots of them blow/break fast. These just came out for our cars so theres no info on how long they will last

·
The Brotéch
811 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Like I said, I wouldn't go cheap on coilovers. Do your research on racelands for other cars, lots of them blow/break fast. These just came out for our cars so theres no info on how long they will last
okay i have a friend who can get me d2s for between $500 and $600.. opinions??

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ive been riding on kyb agx and pro kit combo for 5 years now.

My experience with coilovers is that you should go new, and like 2ZZ said Tein's are very good for our cars. It will be hard to say if they are good until you put them on - and thats a mission unless you like working on cars or have time.

I would suggest picking up new shocks and springs for that price and you will be set. I don't recommend it...having my car since 03 and 10 years of bleeding fingers and money...my advice is don't get the coils. Car parts new or used are like a box of chocolates...never know what you gonna get lol. sorry had to.

501 - 520 of 575 Posts