NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 759 Posts

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, in a little over a 1 1/2 month the new season will be up. What's your team and who is poised for the DC.

I'm with McLaren (been like that for as long as I can remember) but there is a soft spot for Toyota despite their dismal performance last year.

As for DC: It's either Alonso or Kimi, but was wondering what you guys think.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
I have a feeling Ferrari will do well.

Although their testing has been delayed a few times due to weather, Kimi and Massa will do well.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Will be rooting for Honda. I like Button eventhough he tried to ditch Bar Honda. But realistically, I don't think they'll be anymore competitive than they are in the last two years. Currently I have the new McLaren cart as my wallpaper. I just love how the new cart looks. I'm also glad I finally got DVR to record the races. ;)

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'm rooting for Kimi and Ferrari. Hopefully the teammates won't clash as much as they did in McLaren between Kimi and Montoya. I can't wait to go to Indy to watch USGP live :gap:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Speaking of Montoya, why is he racing in NASCAR? Is he just helping in the road course events? I'm too lazy to dig up the news.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Speaking of Montoya, but he just won the Rolex 24 at Daytona this past weekend didn't he?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Im rooting for the under dogs...Toyota!

:gap:

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, there's something missing at Toyota and a lot of ppl feel that they need better drivers. Last year was terrible and they blamed part of it on the switch to Bridgestones, I hope they perform better this year, at least a Top 5.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like it started off good for those that root for Kimi and Ferrari. I'm not to far behind though with Alonso and McLaren.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
marc said:
I root for Kimi, not Ferrari - I hate Ferrari.

I heard there's a brotha racing in F1 now.
Lewis Hamilton, an English men racing for McLaren. First F1 appearance and finished 3rd.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
marc said:
I root for Kimi, not Ferrari - I hate Ferrari.

I heard there's a brotha racing in F1 now.
I can feel you man, pretty much the same here. I'm actually happy he got a win.
I'm a Woking diehard though so I will be rooting for Alonso and Hamilton. Pretty nice feat for the brotha to make it to the podium on his first race.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
I despise Alonso.

Massa should be mentioned, He started last and finished 6th. Not bad.

But Kimi was just impressive. He started pulling from the start, 5 laps in he had a 6-7 second lead.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^LOL, I don't really despise the guy, but I can almost relate to that. If he gets the job done for Woking so be it.

On Massa: not bad at all. But somehow we're used to seeing that from a Ferrari. They have a good car so that sure makes it easier for him so I would say the first 10 cars was "relatively easy" and from then on there sure is merrit for Massa.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, any comments on the day's race?

Some nice fighting at the beginning between Massa and Hamilton.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
i actually thought it was a pretty uneventful race, i ended up fast forwarding through good chunks of the middle section....it was a boring finish.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
*grumble grumble* Schumacher > Alonso *grumble*

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
homeworld1031tx said:
i actually thought it was a pretty uneventful race, i ended up fast forwarding through good chunks of the middle section....it was a boring finish.
LOL yeah, I actually fell asleep for a good chunk of the race. Except for the first few laps when the Ferraris were chasing Hamilton it was uneventful. It's early to say, but this will most likely be a Maranello-Woking fight.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
GSBoek said:
LOL yeah, I actually fell asleep for a good chunk of the race. Except for the first few laps when the Ferraris were chasing Hamilton it was uneventful. It's early to say, but this will most likely be a Maranello-Woking fight.
I actually felt bad for Hamy, I like him, he seems like a good guy. Alonso seems like a douche to me, for like 20 minutes after he won he wouldnt stop waving his arms around....it's alright to celebrate but he was going crazy. I was happy when Hamilton said that he thinks he might be able to get away with a win this season - some might call it cocky but i think it was more like a goal he was settin for himself :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 759 Posts