1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
i should be back in mn for a 1-2 weeks this summer to hit up uni and such :D

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
yeah i am stoked, i havent been down there in forever! And a meet would be way sweet, get a nice photoshoot!

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
I run daily at 11psi on the c60 and haven't had problems? Haven't tracked it yet though. And it occaionally se's 17psi

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
you shouldnt have to much of a problem with them then since you drive it moderately as i do! i am still on stock brakes as is Smaay and have no problems. But its all up to you.

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
Isn't that the truth :D

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
Yeah I don't do many pulls haha. And I very glad its lasting. I know exactly how you feel watching the boost gauge go up!
*Eden I bet you get the Gt28rs as well :p

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
I think its perfect for our cars. Puts up good number and it is not overkill for our cars. Has great spool up and response. I would go with it!

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
its possible because it spools quickly but i gave not heard much about it, i also havent had to worry about it htough because i spool much later with the t61.

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
just giving you information haha, but it is dual ball bearing.

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
The power to weight is awesome. I have 429HP right now. I have installed aanew maf sensor just have to go dyno again and should be at around 420whp. Then next upgrade is rods then be at 500 or more whp :D

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
lol i still really new to all of it :D I am learning as i go and just search around here a whole lot. Also MWR and just forums in general and really thinking of what my goals are. Then just jumping in and trying to get my hands dirty. I am not that knowledgeable haha just learn as I go.

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
I will try help with anything i can!

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
i live in WA i wont be back to MN until sometime this summer haha and i live in Roseville there. Plus i have stock wheels and they do nothing but spin for me :p

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
^ i have everything i need for the build other then rods :( i would like to upgrade to the E153 in the near future but i am not totally sure if i really want that yet haha. I am more then happy at 11psi daily which is faster then most cars on the street. I just recently kicked it up to 17 and it is a rush! I do love it when a car that generally would smoke you pulls up on the freeway and you can just leave them with jaws dropping :p but i have always been in competition with my brother(prelude h22) and a good friend(talon tsi) and just always trying to be be the fastest haha and going to to porkys in the twin cities :D i guess its mostly just to have it and know i can keep up or beat most cars on the street, if i cant do it going straight, i DAMN wekk better be able to through the twisties. But i would like to change the rods out to have the comfort of it not breaking as well as being able to really turn it up if want. My main goal right now is just to hit 400whp which will be no problem, just have to go dyno again. But i couldn't agree with you more, I LOVE THE TURBO LIFE!! and i feel this is how the celica should have came from the factory.

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
uniqgts- the prelude just has bolt-ons and hondata p28 so not much comparison he totaled his 240sx so just starting on this car now, and the talon tsi has 350whp with the big mitsu turbo i dont remember which it is. Also have a friend with stage2 s4 which is probably only one close to me when i at 11psi. So as of right now i am the fastest haha and i want it to become nowhere near of a challenge with all of them. Also i had to kind of shut my dad up as he talked big about his 03 mach1 stang and i eat him up like standing still now :D I would like to try to go in chi town but its still up for grabs because the wife wants to go on an alaskan cruise for 7 days, plus i am in WA so its a lie a 1500mi. drive and i want coils and some wider wheels, these 8in wide spin to much..
eden- youll be one of us soon enough

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
the chi town meet is chicago right? haha

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
its planned for may 14th right?

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
Eden- get money from taxes or do a personal loan or just save haha. turbokit sells for 3k from tk.com. Then it 700 for Gt28rs upgrade. Then choose your ecu or piggyback. Then a cluth which each has own preference. Also a 3" exhaust, lsd, boost gauge, wideband o2 gauge, and low comp pistons if want over 300whp and that it. I would say for that like a 6k or so loan unless someone else installs? But all depends on what all you want.

·
keep spoolin..
1,531 Posts
The 5k kit is better i suppose because have the v-band setup, etc.. But it all up to you what you want to go with. Just save you a bit of money to go with tk.com with your goals around 300whp.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.