NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
What about "WFO"?
When driving with your gas pedal pushed to the firewall you are "wide F*&%#'n open"!

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Life is the "L" in VVTL-i. Its like VTEC.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here is all the n00b info you need. Here are the rules.
1. Always pull the valve cover and look at the cams before buying a GTS/GT.
2. If the clutch is soft when you test drive it, even though it is the black 02' GTS 6 speed that you have been looking for for 9 million years and it is right up the street, dont buy it.

These tips will keep you from being in the mental state that I have come to.

One more tip.
If you break a valve just give up and buy a whole new motor. Trust me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I will take pics once I get a camera here. I was just posting out of frustration because I am fighting with my 7th gen right now. The main thing is man, have a mechanic check it out totally. Compression test is a must. That will tell you if your cams and valves etc are fine. Oil pressure is a big thing too. If your main and crank shaft bearings get worn(Happens when you run it on cheap oil or run it out of oil) your oil pressure will suck. A mechanic can check all of these. Also check the cars history via carfax or something like that. They will hide stuff to sell it to you with super heavy oil to hide engine noise or just overtightening things. Also, the clicking you hear when your car runs. There are two types of clicks. I went to toyota worried that I had what sounded like a lifter tick(that is before I ripped it apart and found the roller assembly) and they told me it was fuel injectors. It turned out, my rollers were heat warped and the ticking was my worn cams slapping the rollers. Bad news. A compression test would have told me this. 3 weeks after I bought it, my little 7 gave up, threw the cel(Check Engine Light) and died on me. It was a sad day.

61 - 80 of 193 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.