NewCelica.org Forum banner

3401 - 3420 of 3629 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
I was nervous! Hahah, I feel like such a noob with my stock Celica. But I'll say hi next time :D

Are you guys going to the next meet? It was supposed to be next Wednesday (the 13th) but according to the Facebook page it got bumped up to tomorrow (the 6th)...
HAha..it's all good. Don't let your stock looking CELICA keep you from meeting your fellow CELICA friends/brothers. :thumbup:
It's not always about the cars, it's meeting the owners who has the same love and respect in owning Toyota CELICA. ;)

OHHhh...I see. Naaa...I won't be able to make it. Have fun tho!

Ill go if you guys are :D
I wanna go, but I have my daughter today.
Anyways, have fun and take pictures of the hot asian females and Jail bates for me. :gap:

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
^ Hmmm...maybe. I need to see if i'm free that day or not. :eatpop:

·
Registered
923 Posts
HAha..it's all good. Don't let your stock looking CELICA keep you from meeting your fellow CELICA friends/brothers. :thumbup:
It's not always about the cars, it's meeting the owners who has the same love and respect in owning Toyota CELICA. ;)

OHHhh...I see. Naaa...I won't be able to make it. Have fun tho!
Hahah, thanks man! That's whats up...I was pretty glad to see a few of you guys come through last week and represent cause it was like 85% Hondas there hahaha. I love my Celica, stock or not :wiggle:

Hope to see some of you guys tomorrow night. I'll probably be there around 9ish with my camera, trying to practice my night photography :gap:

·
Banned
1,986 Posts
When: Thursday July 7, 2011 @ 1:12 p.m.

Where: Newark,CA (In front of the heart cafe)

What: Toyota Celica gts (that dark blue color that looks black in certain light)

Visible modifications: lowered, window tint, sbc colored 5zigen fnor1c wheels w/extended open end black lug nuts.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Silver 00-02 GT-S, lowered, s2k antenna and what LOOKED LIKE a raised hood scoop (didn't get a clear look at it) on 280S between Saratoga and Winchester at around 4:30 P.M. today. Red stock-looking GT-S at Smokeeater's in Cupertino around 6:30ish as well.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Silver gts on 205 headed towards Tracy lowered Trd bodykit on some rims asain guy with spiked hair. Seen it before but only on the freeway

·
Banned
1,986 Posts
When: Friday July 8, 2011 @ 10:02 A.M.

Where: Fremont, California (my mechanic's shop)

What: Toyota Celica GTS (black)

Visible modifications: OEM wing/lip kit

*See photo capture for reference:

Notes: Brought my Civic in for straight pipe backbox installation when I noticed your black Celica. (Parked behind you as shown in photo). We talked for a bit about your car, never got your name but you told me your on here. Anyways PM me if your interested in grabbing a cup of tea/lunch. Name is Jeremiah btw, I like cars specifically Honda/Acura and Cadillac, exercising, reading, eating, playing, lucid dreaming, astral projection (OBE), movies, etc. :)

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
^
I've spotted that CELICA around Union City too. He's not a member here.
Oh and ummm...I thought you sold your RPF1's?

·
Banned
1,986 Posts
^
I've spotted that CELICA around Union City too. He's not a member here.
Oh and ummm...I thought you sold your RPF1's?
What the fudge that guh was screwing with me, guess it wasnt her car then. Women sometimes. :marky:

Yup sold em. Those rollers arent mine. (borrowing em from a friend while I wait for my new wheels to arrive which btw are RPF1s lol).

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
^ NINJA whaaaat!? It was a female owner? Nevermind then, wrong CELICA.

Wtf!? Lol Hopefully it's a different color RPF1's.
If not, you need to be sponsored by them. :chuckles:

·
Lurking06 Celica07 Join08
5,306 Posts
Visible modifications: OEM wing/lip kit

)
That's a TRD kit.

& the blue that looks like black is called carbon blue :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
^ :bowdown:-Thank You Klint!
I hate it when people says the TRD kit is OEM. It feels like a slap to my face, knowing I've spent HELLA money to buy that kit piece by piece.
Yeah, it's a optional kit or you can get it as an "Action Package" deal! But it's not an OEM kit! :headbang:-It's a f*ck'n TRD kit!!!

OEM Kit:

TRD Kit:

"In-house aftermarket tuning!"
http://www.insideline.com/toyota/celica/2000-los-angeles-2000-trd-celica-gt-s.html

What is TRD?
TRD stands for Toyota Racing Development. They are a semi-independent design,
engineering, production, and marketing arm of Toyota. Working hand in hand
with Toyota Motorsports, TRD produces and distributes parts that can be added
to your Toyota vehicle that increases the performance, handling, looks, etc of
any Toyota vehicle.

Many vehicles, the Tundra included, come from the Toyota factory or distributor
port with some of these TRD Parts installed.

There are three offshoots of TRD. One is L-Tuned, a specific arm of TRD that
handles nothing but Lexus modifications. Lexus is the luxury arm of Toyota
Motor Corporation. The other is Kazuma, which is the professional racing parts
distribution arm of TRD. The third is TRD Sport Parts, which is the "common"
TRD Parts distribution arm.

One big side benefit to TRD parts is that if you purchase TRD parts and have a
dealer install them, the parts will be covered under the balance of your
manufacturer's warranty.

·
Banned
1,986 Posts
^ NINJA whaaaat!? It was a female owner? Nevermind then, wrong CELICA.

Wtf!? Lol Hopefully it's a different color RPF1's.
If not, you need to be sponsored by them. :chuckles:
That's a TRD kit.

& the blue that looks like black is called carbon blue :thumbup:
^ :bowdown:-Thank You Klint!
I hate it when people says the TRD kit is OEM. It feels like a slap to my face, knowing I've spent HELLA money to buy that kit piece by piece.
Yeah, it's a optional kit or you can get it as an "Action Package" deal! But it's not an OEM kit! :headbang:-It's a f*ck'n TRD kit!!!

OEM Kit:

TRD Kit:

"In-house aftermarket tuning!"
http://www.insideline.com/toyota/celica/2000-los-angeles-2000-trd-celica-gt-s.html

What is TRD?
TRD stands for Toyota Racing Development. They are a semi-independent design,
engineering, production, and marketing arm of Toyota. Working hand in hand
with Toyota Motorsports, TRD produces and distributes parts that can be added
to your Toyota vehicle that increases the performance, handling, looks, etc of
any Toyota vehicle.

Many vehicles, the Tundra included, come from the Toyota factory or distributor
port with some of these TRD Parts installed.

There are three offshoots of TRD. One is L-Tuned, a specific arm of TRD that
handles nothing but Lexus modifications. Lexus is the luxury arm of Toyota
Motor Corporation. The other is Kazuma, which is the professional racing parts
distribution arm of TRD. The third is TRD Sport Parts, which is the "common"
TRD Parts distribution arm.

One big side benefit to TRD parts is that if you purchase TRD parts and have a
dealer install them, the parts will be covered under the balance of your
manufacturer's warranty.
1. Yes woman driver. And actually its the same color again (bright silver) but different offset/width. Not a fan of the gold/black and they dont have SBC in the size I want so bright silver it is, really like the color to begin with so all good. And lol they should sponsor me, got the shirt, wheels, and always promote em. Plus I got almost all my car buddies to cop a set.

2. Thanks for the 411, love that carbon blue color. Its almost black in some light and a really nice blue in others, just lovely. And TRD kit, guess TRD is to Toyota as Mugen is to Honda and Nismo is to Nissan etc?

*I remember back in the days the "action package" for the Celica, think it was a commercial not sure. So is the Action package just wing/lip kit or is it come with sport exhaust/suspension as well?

Thanks for the 411 on TRD, learned something new today.

·
Registered
923 Posts
All on Sunday, July 10th:

-Silver 00-02 stock bodied Celica, lowered, gunmetal/black rims, possibly wingless going down Yerba Buena about to turn onto Deans Place Way, around 6:10 P.M.
-Red TRD-kit Celica, looked like stock height, coming out of the Tully exit onto 101N, around 6:15 P.m.
-Silver 00-02 stock bodied Celica, looked like a GT-S and stock height, near McLaughlin and Story, around 6:30? somewhere around that time
-White 00-02 stock bodied Celica, lowered, wingless, possibly had rims but I don't remember. Forgot where but I think it was on McLaughlin as well or maybe near Capitol, I think a little later like 7:30 or 8

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
1. Yes woman driver. And actually its the same color again (bright silver) but different offset/width. Not a fan of the gold/black and they dont have SBC in the size I want so bright silver it is, really like the color to begin with so all good. And lol they should sponsor me, got the shirt, wheels, and always promote em. Plus I got almost all my car buddies to cop a set.

2. Thanks for the 411, love that carbon blue color. Its almost black in some light and a really nice blue in others, just lovely. And TRD kit, guess TRD is to Toyota as Mugen is to Honda and Nismo is to Nissan etc?

*I remember back in the days the "action package" for the Celica, think it was a commercial not sure. So is the Action package just wing/lip kit or is it come with sport exhaust/suspension as well?

Thanks for the 411 on TRD, learned something new today.
1. OHHhhh...I see. :thumbup:-Niiiice!

2. Now you know and knowing is half the battle.
YOOOOOOO JOE!

HAha...no problem. Most of the "Action Package" was ONLY just the TRD kit.
It's very rare, but I've seen 1 TRD CELICA at the show floor room back in the days in Fremont Automall that was fully modified with TRD parts.
It had the TRD kit, TRD rims, TRD coilovers, TRD oil filter, TRD intake filter and a TRD exhaust.

Random Rant:
Call me a loser or whatever back then cause I was obsessed with the 7th Gen CELICA's.
But I remember going to the Toyota dealership after work to compare the 2001-2003 CELICA's at the dealership.
What I've notice, there's NO such thing as a "fully" equipped CELICA at the dealership.
There was ALWAYS something missing. It was missing one or the other...a sun roof, leather seats, H.I.D Headlights, Auto dim rear view mirror or a JBL sound system. There was NO perfect CELICA out from the lot! :gap:

3401 - 3420 of 3629 Posts