NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
First Lady of 3p0 Cert.
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This years potluck is a bit different then what we are previously used to. The main dishes are being provided by us. all we need is for u to post up what you want to bring. it will need to be approved because we are trying to keep the clean up time to a minimum so we can go on a cruise off the island. what i would like for people to volunteer to bring is things like rice salad pancit lumpia, any ethnic side dishes from various cultures.

certain food items will not be allowed or cooked.

*No pork at all will be cooked out of respect for some members on the forums.

*No hamburgers - hamburgers are now being allowed. :marky:

So post up what you would like to bring and I will let u know if it will work out or not.

*Attention*

There are a couple announcements that i need to make;

1. I need someone(s) to bring the following items:
i. Forks
ii. Knives
iii. Spoons
iiii. Napkins

2. If you Do Not bring food it will cost you $5 per person to eat, and trust me we will know if you brought something.

This will also be posted in the first post so i don't have to hear people say they did not see it.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
yeah hamboogers are pretty ethnic if all you want for x-mas is any two teeth and your wife is you also your sister and aunt ha ha. fo reals though i cant really think of white/american ethnic dishes to make :shrugs:

·
First Lady of 3p0 Cert.
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
WTF... NO HAMBURGERS???? Got something against ********???
yeah hamboogers are pretty ethnic if all you want for x-mas is any two teeth and your wife is you also your sister and aunt ha ha. fo reals though i cant really think of white/american ethnic dishes to make :shrugs:
THIS IS AMERICA! How can you not have burgers! :)
No hamburgers because my president is black and my lambos are red! lol ******** have ran this country for long enough thats why we are in the mess that we are in! It's time for a change!

·
Registered
258 Posts
it is what it is now get over it. There is a reason that hamburgers and hotdogs are not allowed. but since he majortiy of the food cost is comming out of my pocket i don't owe any of you any explanations! however everytime we have a potluck its hambergers and hot dogs i am switching things up a bit....

NOW QUIT WHORING MY THREAD!
chinese food anyone? =D

·
First Lady of 3p0 Cert.
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am gonig to ask nicely. please stop posting randomly in this thread. take it to OT if you want to continue to post random bs in this thread then you can take over organizing the potluck and i can save the $800+ dollars this is costing me.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I am gonig to ask nicely. please stop posting randomly in this thread. take it to OT if you want to continue to post random bs in this thread then you can take over organizing the potluck and i can save the $800+ dollars this is costing me.
why are you forking up all that money hon?
Exactly what Nasim said, this is a "Potluck". People should be bringing food to contribute. You bring food, you get a sticker. If you have a sticker you get to eat. lol...

Anyway, Aangela, you should build a list of items that we need and folks can volunteer to bring them.

Example...

Cookware/Grill:

• charcol, lighter fluid, matches/lighter
  • plastic forks, spoons, knifes
  • paper plates, paper bowls
  • Napkins, Papertowels
  • a roll of garbage bags and duct tape
  • Foil and pans for meat

Food:
  • Hot dogs and buns
  • hamburger and buns
  • chips (2 bags) and dip (2)
  • chips (2 bags) and dip (2)

Drinks:
  • Ice and Ice chest/ bin
  • soda
  • water

:wiggle:
oh ya and whats with the no pork or hamburgers. :marky:
I say BYOB - Bring your own beef! hehe.

·
First Lady of 3p0 Cert.
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought it was a potluck? Shouldn't everyone who's attending be contributing food at the meet? Don't bite my head off, Angela.
i am trying to get people to contribute but i only need certain things...Im just asking people to not bring certain items. the only thing i need from people is sides drinks snacks plates utensils. what i dont need is people maing this any more difficult then it already is. motor you already know that whenever i host a meet i always bring the majority of the food.

Why don't you ask people to help cover the cost?
I'm trying to be nice and i know times are hard for people so we like this idea best. plus you and i both know that people are always late to these big meets and the plan it to have all the food cooked and ready to go when people arive and food to be served at 12:00pm

the Og sac and bay folks already know how i roll when it comes to meets that i am hosting its these newbs that don't know how i roll. :burnout:

I say BYOB - Bring your own beef! hehe.
there will be beef there just not burgers.

·
First Lady of 3p0 Cert.
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You nice? oh wait thats alex I'm thinking of.
you know im nice for the most part lol although Alex is rubbing off on me a bit. i find myself editing my posts a lot lately.

I just want people to be greatful that there will be good food there and they don't have to spend tons of money!

newbies must climb a tree before they can eat. lol.
newbies will be eating from that tree if they dont straighten up lol

·
Registered
791 Posts
I just want people to be greatful that there will be good food there and they don't have to spend tons of money!
I'm sure everyone will be grateful. Who said we have to spend tons of money? Everyone just needs to contribute some. Just tell folks what you need and people will come through and bring it.

"if you build it [the list] they will come [through]" :gap:

Just remind folks that there is no grocery store on the island.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.