NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually get my oil changes done at claremont toyota, for free (came with purchase), but now that I'm in Irvine thats a ****load to drive just for an oil change.

So anyhow, I got my oil changed here at the mechanic that my friends dealership uses to get his safety inspections done, and these guys tell me I'm freakin crazy...that my oil hasn't been changed for at least 10-14k, and my oil pan is missing screws and has cracks in it. :eek:

WTF!!!!!! How come Claremont never noticed or TOLD ME, and why the **** was my oil not changed last time, which was only 4800 mi ago.

As far as the oil pan...this is scary ****. He told me not to be driving fast and ****, cause it will fall off soon...unless I get some screws and he also said that it is hella fragile- one direct blow and I'm fudged.

Im at a loss........

·
Registered
600 Posts
Wow. This is beyond fvcked. That's why I change the oil myself. :thumbup: You should do something about this, although I am not sure exactly what. :confused:

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
AbSoluteREd03 said:
I usually get my oil changes done at claremont toyota, for free (came with purchase), but now that I'm in Irvine thats a ****load to drive just for an oil change.

So anyhow, I got my oil changed here at the mechanic that my friends dealership uses to get his safety inspections done, and these guys tell me I'm freakin crazy...that my oil hasn't been changed for at least 10-14k, and my oil pan is missing screws and has cracks in it. :eek:

WTF!!!!!! How come Claremont never noticed or TOLD ME, and why the **** was my oil not changed last time, which was only 4800 mi ago.

As far as the oil pan...this is scary ****. He told me not to be driving fast and ****, cause it will fall off soon...unless I get some screws and he also said that it is hella fragile- one direct blow and I'm fudged.

Im at a loss........
That sounds a little hoakey to me. The pan is made out of sheet metal. Are you sure he wasn't talking about the under engine plastics?

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Guess you should not go to Clairmont anymore.
That is totally messed up if this 10,000~14,000 miles thing is true.
Did you see your oil pan damage? Might want to see for yourself. If there is damage you might want to change that, they are not that expensive even from the dealership (atleast that is what I heard..).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am putting it up on a jack 2night 2 see for myself. I don't believe this ****.

·
Registered
272 Posts
yup. thats why i do my own changes.

also, its cheaper ;)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Uhh, he said he was getting his "oil changes" for free...how is doing it yourself cheaper?

·
Registered
272 Posts
i meant going to a place and paying for it. duh.....

or you could look at it this way:

changing the oil yourself is cheaper than getting it done for free and finding out that they NEVER changed the oil and you have to pay for a new oil pan, new motor (if yours blew due to it), new oil pump, etc etc

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'm guessing this guy either is A) Too lazy to change his own oil or B) Has no clue how. If I was gonna end up paying for someone to change my oil, the dealership is the last place I'd go.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
ehh get that oil analyzed before you throw it away. This way you will have a case against Clairmont Toyota if they did indeed not change your oil for 10000 miles.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Lormax said:
I'm guessing this guy either is A) Too lazy to change his own oil or B) Has no clue how. If I was gonna end up paying for someone to change my oil, the dealership is the last place I'd go.
well i also don't change oil myself cuz of 2 reasons, 1) got no time, too busy with work. 2) pay the same amount of money, including mobil1 oil, new oil filter, and service fee (only $5 extra).

i don't go to dealer. i go to local shop.
why do it yourself if you can let a professional do it for you and you watch them. i mean really watch them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i just like getting my hands dirty, working underside of my baby :D

you get hands-on experience with your own car and you get to know it.
i know my car like the back of my hand now due to doing everything to it myself

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
yes i know how you feel. i also do install some parts by myself, intake, exhaust, grounding wires, etc. it feels so good when you get the hand on experience, especially with your baby.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Here is what I would do since I used to work at Toyota/Lexus dealer.

Call Toyota customer service, ask then to check the "national history" on the vehicle. Comfirm with the customer service agent you have been conssistant with your oil changes. Then have him or her pull the last work order from the dealer who told you all this stuff, and ask her if there were any "Technicians notes/suggestions" recorded. Then describe your "concern."

Be nice to them because they will help you. Let me know if you have any other questions

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1st off: Let me say that I've NEVER had a problem with Claremont Toyota. They are awesome and have always helped me out with any problems I've ever had.

I called the mechanic dude that actually worked on the car this morning, and the cashier guy was full of ****. The mechanic told me that the oil was fine...there was another celica there earlier that had the oil problem. But he did say that a few screws ARE missing...and that there is damage to the oil pan.

The only thing I can think of is my Christmas incident....in which I spun out on the freeway, and went over a small curb on teh side of the fwy, which ripped off my front passenger tire and scraped the **** out of my stock rim. Must have hit the oil pan too....I still haven't looked at it, so I am going back to the shop to see if he can show me.

Still tho...I've been to claremont at least every 2-3 mo. since December...and I have never been told about missing screws OR damage to my oil pan. You would think that would be important to let me know....

BUT, if it has been since December...I doubt it will fall off because I have been seriously pushing this engine (if you can call it that...I mean it is a GT)since december and nothings happened yet = )

·
Registered
600 Posts
Originally posted by 00TRDGT-S
i just like getting my hands dirty, working underside of my baby :D
I like feeling her up every now and then too... :D

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
I noticed one thing... Most independent mechanics you have to go take a look at things they want you to replace not necessary anything wrong with it.
This is what you do hand them the keys, they inspect it and tell you all the things wrong with it then you say show me.
I would then inspect all the stuff they want me to fix, if I agree then I ask them to do the work and I want the parts being replaced back. If it is something like oil which they are making shop/dealership look bad or shown it is bad, and it is important enough to my car I would want them to save sample so I have option to analyze if I choose to do so.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Wouldn't mind another g/f...
I might be guilty of giving my car door a little kiss goodnight every once in a while, speaking softly into her wheel well, or even gently stroking her spoiler... She is so good to me.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Getting all your service done at toyota is not a bad idea. I had 2 grand worth of engine work done to my car well after my warranty expired for free because all my service was done at the dealership. They had records that my car was well taken care of at the proper intervals. If I would have done my own oil changes, I would be out 2 grand right now.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts