NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the adjuster comes and looks at my car, takes pics and makes notes. I pull back in the garage (yesterday) today I'm driving down to go to the shop and my hood flies up and takes out my freakin windsield, the plastic by the washers is cracked and now the DRIVERS fender is bent a bit. Hoodscoop is toast as well. BUt it probably kept the hood from damaging the roof where the windsheild meets the window.

What next!!!!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Take him to court!!! :gap:

Seriously...that really sucks man! At least now you can get a carbon fiber hood...LOL! Did you call the insurance company back and set up another time for the adjuster? Sorry again!!
Be thanksful you are still okay!!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol no doubt about the parking. Well I'm on my way to the shop. The CF hood will be cheaper than OEM and I'm going to get a used TRD bumper instead of brand new so I'm hoping theres enough left over to fix this. If not it's off to the adjusters again

I know I know, no pics, no mod. LOL Pics in a few. dammit!

·
Registered
275 Posts
damn bro, and I thought that I had bad luck. you seriously getting it bad this week. I'd say, lay off that car for a minute. this way, nothing else bad can happen to your car before you get it fixed.

btw, you didn't answer me on which lights you went with. it would really help narrow the search a little if I knew what to look for!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh do you mean the headlights themselves? I painted them myself. Here's how I did it....(someday someone should sticky this link :D ) http://celicagarage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1185

Here's the pics for the new damage. The guy at the shop said he'll phone the adjuster and add the damage to the initial damage, since this damage was caused by the last damage (hood not properly secured)

Good news, he's all for the CF hood. The OEM will be around $150, then $290 to paint. So I can get the new one for the $60.00 difference. Hes getting me a new VIS hoodscoop to replace it, TRD bumper, windshield etc etc. I left it at the shop, they're going to start taking it apart and will leave it inside until it's done so thats cool.

Here's the NEW damage. dammit!

lol my car is getting sweeter by the day! NOT!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah like how can it get ANY worse. I figured if I drove it home I would probably have gotten a ticket

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
god damn, owned twice!

·
Registered
698 Posts
just dont park behind any one at the bodyshop. some one might run in to your car....seriously i had you luck this time last year. curb then deer then person backing in to me in the front bumper then person hitting my rear bumper. and that was all pretty much in 2 weeks of time.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Rob, you should have the front plate hole filled and the side marker too. I just had this done to my car and it looks really really nice! Flows much better like this!

I can't beleive what a big difference it made.:D

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmmmm I have another TRD plate on the way for the front. I dunno I kinda like my supra style clear corners with chrome bulbs :D

Picking up the OEM VIS CF hood tomorrow along with a CF rear hatch :D

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
damn rob that sucks man. I had a 2 week period last year this time where my car got hit 3 times. Nothing was majorly damaged though.

I hope your luck changes here soon and your car is back out on the street. BTW your new parts are gonna look wicked. Let me know how it goes removing the factory shocks from the hatch and getting them into the new cf one. I have heard a lot of horror stories.

·
Registered
275 Posts
you know what, I had the same thing happen to me before. I mean, not hitting a dear and stuff like that, but a stroke of bad luck. 2 months straight I was getting ****, and worse of it all, I got into a accident and totalled my car. sorry man!

btw, I was actually talking about your side markers.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After I hit the deer you really had to slam it down to close it. Like HAMMER it down. After the adjuster looked at it he must have just closed it so it didn't latch. I didn;t notice so I was driving to the shop in the morning, and it flew up.

On a good note I picked up the VIS hood and hatch. They honestly look beautiful. Raised hoodscoop on the hood so that's sweet. I can't wait to get them on my car! I'll take some pics tomorrow of them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts