NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I went to my mechanic's today, and the car is running now. All's left is connecting the hoses for my injen CAI (which is in the install guide ;) ) To be safe, I instructed my mechanic to drain my 91 octane gas so I can fill up with 94. MY mechanic told me that my engine got warm real quick, which is in line with what matt (silvercelica2000) told me would happen. Matt even recommended I get an oil cooler. With winter coming, I don't know if it is related, but you think the cold air will cool the engine sufficiently?

thanks
mark

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya, I have the TRD 13:1 compression pistons. Sorry that I didn't include that in the original post.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, it's been 7 months since the last time I've heard my car, but the exhaust is still super noisy :( (I have a 2.5" straight pipe). I did a few mods to the car (DC Sports header, Hondata heatshield gasket, p & p head) and I think my CAI sounds louder now. I could be mistaken though...
More updates tomorrow when I actually drive it. I only heard the engine when idle. The CEL was on cos my mechanic did not connect the 2 red hoses and the 2 plugs.

mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts