NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed oil on the plastic guard right under the oil pan. I checked and sure enough there seems to be oil coming out from where the oil pan meets the car. I thought maybe id need just a new oil pan but the pan itself seems to be fine. I think the part where it connects to is rusting away and is leaving a small opening for oil to sneak out. How can I fix this? Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I lifted my car up to remove oil pan and gasket to replace with the new one and noticed that it seems like the oil is also above the oil pan. Unless its spraying up it must be coming from somewhere else. I took a picture but its hard to see. The bolt at the bottom of picture is the right side of oil pan, and above it you can see its all greasy. Just wondering where else it could be coming from. Thanks

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I don't know what I'm looking at.... but make sure your engine isn't leaking... Wipe the area and see if it comes back in the same place.

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
Clean up all the oil and check it daily to see where it's coming from.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
that looks more like a power steering leak. the oil pan dosent leak all of a sudden. it has FIPG for a gasket, not an actual gasket persay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts