NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished doing my oil change but i put too much oil (about 5.25 qts) of oil. even though i was going to take some out tomorrow, i took it out for a test drive. Lift did NOT engadge. is there a direct link between lift and oil level?? if so, did i do any damage by driving it??

BTW GTSnut......i took care of my overheating by driving around for a bit;)

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i have to redo my oil change cuz i was talking to some1 while putting in my oil and i realize i put too much when i said "oh sh<i></i>it....i put too much":gap:

EDIT: i think 4- 4.5 bottles should do it. I can't see the damn synthetic oil on the dip stick. it's very light

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can understand putting in 4 or 5 quarts but how do you accidently put in 5.25?
After 5 bottles you should have known that was more than enough. What compelled you to crack open the 6th bottle and throw in another .25 quarts?

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
richmds said:
I can understand putting in 4 or 5 quarts but how do you accidently put in 5.25?
After 5 bottles you should have known that was more than enough. What compelled you to crack open the 6th bottle and throw in another .25 quarts?
i was talking to my GF while doing it and she was kinda pissing me off....so i was paying more attention to what she was saying rather than what i was doing.......that's why i ended up putting so much it

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
its a common mistake. I usually put in about 5 bottles. One way to not make that mistake is only buy 5 quart. Thats what I do especially with Redline cause its so expensive. Let us know what happen after you do the oil change. I don't really think putting alot of oil will cause any harm...i mean if you put in 6 quarts then yeah i would worry but .25 isn't that much. Good luck man and I hope nothing got messed up. Lates

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
TRD StreetRacing said:
I just finished doing my oil change but i put too much oil (about 5.25 qts) of oil. even though i was going to take some out tomorrow, i took it out for a test drive. Lift did NOT engadge. is there a direct link between lift and oil level?? if so, did i do any damage by driving it??

BTW GTSnut......i took care of my overheating by driving around for a bit;)
Too little oil will prevent, too much will not. Too much oil CAN set misfire codes though which could lead the disable lift. What grade of oil did you use? using something too thick can cause problems too.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
TRD StreetRacing said:

i was talking to my GF while doing it and she was kinda pissing me off....so i was paying more attention to what she was saying rather than what i was doing.......that's why i ended up putting so much it
HAHAH see woman are evil ... she knew what she was doing, a woman is not happy till they drive a man crazy.:chuckles:

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
vodoo...4 quarts should be enough but if you look at your dip stick youll be missing a good quarter of oil. i suggest you buy another quart dude and add 3/4 of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts