NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...had a thread awhile ago about the turbo making a funny noise when spooling that sounds like an 18-wheeler, but the next day as I was about to leave from work, my oil presssure gauge began dropping like hell (as in...below 18 psi). Looked a fountain underneath the car with all the oil everywhere. Towed the car yesterday back home and checked it out.

Yay! Looks like the brass T fitting broke (for the second time. And yes yes, I know...I shouldn't have stuck a brass T fitting into the block...). Here's a pic of the old broken one...and the newly broken one.

Now, I am kind of iffy replacing the whole assembly with a stainless steel T fitting into the aluminum block, so...I was wondering how can I setup something like this:

Looks like he just connected the t-fitting onto a line which led into the block, allowing the t fitting to not be so vunerable to breaing due to vibrations. My questions are, what parts would I need to buy and where can I get them at (specific sizes, parts number, etc. would be great since I am rather illiterate in my knowledge of piping and such...)?

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You need the following parts:

10 ft -4 AN Autoflex Hose
-4 AN to 1/8" NPT Fitting (3x)
-4 AN Hose end (4x)
1/8" NPT Tee (2x)
1/8" NPT Male-Male Adapter
1/8" BSPT to 1/8" NPT Adapter Autometer

I ordered the parts from summitracing.com

You will also need a fitting on your turbo inlet. I used an inlet restrictor from atpturbo.com

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would a inlet restrictor still be necessary on a GT-S?

Seems like when I was searching around for my answer, most people recommended it only to boosted GT Celis....

·
Registered
871 Posts
sorry to put more on your platter, but the broken fitting doesnt explain why the car would sound like an 18 wheeler or make the engine louder. While you have everything taken apart, id take your time and check everything out.

BTW, thats sweet that you had the oil pressure gauge to find the problem before you roasted your bearings. Hope you find a cheap and quick fix, goodluck

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
itzLINKY said:
Would a inlet restrictor still be necessary on a GT-S?

Seems like when I was searching around for my answer, most people recommended it only to boosted GT Celis....
actually the restrictor is for GT series turbos in other words gt28r, gt30r etc

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hetts said:
sorry to put more on your platter, but the broken fitting doesnt explain why the car would sound like an 18 wheeler or make the engine louder. While you have everything taken apart, id take your time and check everything out.

BTW, thats sweet that you had the oil pressure gauge to find the problem before you roasted your bearings. Hope you find a cheap and quick fix, goodluck
Haha, yeah. I knew that, I meant that I had to fix this for my car to go back into working order before I look forward to more money into possibly a new manifold or turbo in the case that either one of those went ka-put. But yeah, good idea, I might as well look into it since I got to order the parts and go down there and reinstall crap haha.

Haha, would've sucked if I didn't have the gauge...or just looked at the gauge and went, "Hmm....10 psi oil pressure...ah well, never had that before but I'll drive it anyways..." then it gets to 0 and then I'd have to go buy another engine....and blah blah, haha.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Just take the stuff you need to make work and bring it to Earls in Hawthorne, CA. They have all the plumbing crap you will ever need.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
i remote mounted my oil pressure gauage and i dont think it was a good idea because i think it grounds out with the 2 T's i have connected and it reads some pretty stupid readings.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I had the Greddy oil sandwich and it worked great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.