NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to install an oil pressure gauge, and i want to do it by unscrewing the stock oil pressure sender. does anyone know what the size of the stock oil pressure sender is? i need to know what size adapter to buy... i figure i don't need that little red oil light anyways if i have an aftermarket oil pressure gauge.

or i was thinking about getting this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7921543849&category=46100&sspagename=WDVW

because it already has 1/8 NPT, so i dont' have to tap the greddy....

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Pretty sure the Autometer electronic comes with the correct size sender as well.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I think the Greddy thing would be pretty effective .. you'll keep th e stock switch and you would be able to fit an oil temp sender if needed apparently .. still needs an extension for the remote location ..

Or else,if we place the sender instead of the stock one, we would need a 1/8 BSPT male to female 1/8 NPT adaptor if possible, right? Dunno if the ECU would like not to have this stock captor however .. Anybody tried it?? No cell or low pressure light?

·
Registered
906 Posts
If you have a GT-S and you leave out the OEM oil sensor, it will affect your LIFT, no reading from the OEM sensor mean no oil pressure for the OCV to work for LIFT and Variable valves timing...
good luck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts