NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
I thought circuitworx stopped making them??? I was thinking about seeing a CNC machinist around here to make some.

·
Registered
571 Posts
So they still make it then?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
22xy said:
So they still make it then?
I don't know, I haven't bought one in years, but they have them listed on the website. You'd have to phone them up and ask if they have any stock or if/when they are planning to do a production run.

All I can confirm is that prodrive was renamed to circuitworx (I think because prodrive in europe came over to american and wanted their name) and that is the same billet steel oil pump gears everyone here was buying.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
They don't makew it anymore - lilrocketspyder is going to get some made up by another company though I think

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
well I emailed them some time back and they said they where making a new batch but have not contacted them after that. So there is possibility they still make them

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
does the elise use the same gear/pump?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Awhile back I had e-mailed them because they still had it listed as an available application. They responded back saying that they (the pump gear) were not available anymore, they had no plans to make anymore, and that they had just forgot to take it down off the application list. :shrugs:

·
Registered
418 Posts
S|Lv3rBu||et said:
It uses the same engine so, yes! :thumbup:
apparently they use the K series (rover) engine.

just got them on the email. so, it seems we are out of luck from eliseparts.

on the otherhand, Circuitworx says no ex-stock, but will be able to produce in a month. maybe i will get it from there.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
zuoom said:
S|Lv3rBu||et said:
It uses the same engine so, yes! :thumbup:
apparently they use the K series (rover) engine.
Not exactly sure what you mean by K series (it's definately not a Honda K series)...it's pretty much the same exact 2ZZ that we use in the Celica GT-S, Matrix XRS, or the Corolla XRS.

·
Registered
418 Posts
the older gen Elise 111S uses the rover K series engine before lotus opt for the Toyota/Yahama 2ZZ engine.

i believe the fellow there knows what he is talking about. heck, they do Elise for a living.

the newer gen Elise 111R onwards, and the Exige, 240R, S, uses the 2ZZ-GE.

more info:
http://www.elises.co.uk/models/index.html

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
zuoom said:
the older gen Elise 111S uses the rover K series engine before lotus opt for the Toyota/Yahama 2ZZ engine.

i believe the fellow there knows what he is talking about. heck, they do Elise for a living.

the newer gen Elise 111R onwards, and the Exige, 240R, S, uses the 2ZZ-GE.

more info:
http://www.elises.co.uk/models/index.html
It was pretty obvious that the two people quoted were referring to the current model Elise.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Keep us updated if they make the pump again, cause id love to do the crank pulley from Unorthodox, but dont want to take risk of oil pump failure.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Speed4TheNeed said:
It was pretty obvious that the two people quoted were referring to the current model Elise.
Yeah but the part he linked to wasn't for a 2ZZ Elise.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Ah, I wasn't looking at 04gt's post....that's why I had no idea where the older Elise engines came in.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts