NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I baught an APC power glo oil temp guage and I'm lost to how to hook up the wires there are 4 spots for wires 1. sender(I know this goes to the drain plug) 2. ignition switch 3. dash light circuit and 4 ground. so where do I find the iginition switch, do I put it on the fuse or what and wher do I find the dash light circuit? Also I have an Air/fuel gauge I think I'm suppose to install it on my O2 sensor if I'm right which one do I install it in? I would use the directions that came w/ them but they are **** and don't give me any information. I would appreciate this help guys, I'm trying to get this dash project going as fast as possilble

Thanks alot

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Oil temp may be installed in the drain plug .. but if your sender is 1/8 NPT, you'll need an adaptor. The other solution would be to use a sandwich adaptor between oil filter and the block (adaptor has 1/8 NPT already). Do a search, you'll find a thread with the sandwich adaptor ..

As for the wires, don't worry it is pretty simple .. GND .. every ground you cam find .. car's body will be fine. Keep this one for the end. so, you make sure you choosed the proper GND if the gauges lights are working .. dash light and ignition switch ... any 12V in the switch box. Simply choose the switch that gives you wath you want .. You can use the lighter fuse for the ignition, your gauge will open as soon as your keys are in the car. As for the dash light, I'm not too sure which to choose but it's better if it is closed during the day ..

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts