NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, winter time will be coming and I am finally going to be doing something to the car. This is the real "should i get such and such" post.

Ok, so i couldnt persuade my parents into letting me get that sparco harness bar... oh well, life goes on.

So here are my options of what I have though of doing:

Option 1:
I have now been educated a lil bit about some audio equipment when i was at a store, the salesman was very helpful teachin me crap. Anyways, I dont know now if I would want those Polk Audio MOMO subs since they are not sold at like any stores anymore and usually if a sub is sold at circuit city is when the quality is going downhill. And so I was checkin out some Alpine audio equipment. So to make a long story short Do you think i should buy 2 subs, 2 amps + box over the winter break? What do u think i should do and what audio equipment do u suggest?

Option 2:
This is another idea, which is to get some springs and whatever the part was else you guys said i would need to lower my car... please let me know what that part was and what springs you suggest? Also to get some rims... im wanting to get some 18 inch rims. As you know i like the konig imagine rims. The style of rims I like are gunmetal and a polished silver lip..... i love the silver polished lip. Anyways, what rims can you suggest that would look good. I hate those chromed out rims.... im sorry but this is not a black escalade.

Please give me some info and help me out here, this time its serious, lol.
SERIOUS ANSWERS/SUGGESTIONS PLEASE***

-greg

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dude.... i dont want that crap to just waste space........ i want some real suggestions cause ive been gettin serious on which item im wanting to save the rest of my cash for to buy.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
346 Posts
get some rims. they would be the better bet cause everyone would notice them. I would look on ebay for some rims. I got some ADR off of there and they are great. had them for over a month and they are silver with a polished lip...only paid $200 for them, praise God. anyway, that is just my two sense.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow......a response from arkansas... welcome to NE, lol... thanks and keep em comin

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nah.......i have figured that i may replace the the security system with some graduation money at the end of the year that ill pay the extra cash for an autostarter....ive been also thinkin about maybe gettin and installin a pushstart just because they look cool....but that would be later on. I dont need the autostart though really cause my house has a 3 car garage and so i have a indoor spot, so the only time really i would use one of those is goin to my car at school or at work.

These items wouldnt be installed in the winter, ill have my car with the winter tires on i bought last year beatin through the snow, lol. Basically i'll finish up savin the cash and order the items so that they will have come in the mail and be ready to be installed after all the snow is gone :)

-greg

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Well, if you want a system I am going to tell you to forget anything the salesman said...hes going to be pusing either JL, MTX, or Kicker onto you...yes these are the three biggest companies but not the three best...Look into Nakamichi, Xtant, and Focal...I had 2 Nakamichi W124S subs with a jbl 600.1 amp and it slammed harder than big tahoes with 4 subs...

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I would get new wheels or lower the car. I have KYB adjustable/H&R Combo. It's a nice drop and you can adjust the stiffness of the ride if it's too harsh. Nice price too.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
nice post randy!!! BWAAAAHAAHAAAAA!!!!

Originally posted by twistedGTS
I would get new wheels or lower the car. I have KYB adjustable/H&R Combo. It's a nice drop and you can adjust the stiffness of the ride if it's too harsh. Nice price too.
thats my setup. its perfect. but you loose interest on adjusting them. the back is the biggest PITA and the front is just bleh. i leave the front at 3 and drive. :)

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
speedeeGTS said:
nice post randy!!! BWAAAAHAAHAAAAA!!!!

thanks for noticing :thumbup:

greg got his panties all in a bunch after i posted it the first time, so he deleted his thread :rolleyes: but im no dummy.....i save whatever i type :chuckles:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
devilincelica said:
buy my rims
im in the market for rims, how much and what size?

ok im probably the only person thats going to give you real advice so here goes.....

audio, (graduation$)since you have a gts the sound system is pretty decent, if your on a budget, go with one 12' sub, its all the celica really needs, anything more is added weight. if your looking for a good sound quality sub that will hit google image dynamics, you can get a 12' idq for around 160.00 these are the best brand of subs for the buck imo, i have 2 in my trunk. for an amp look on ebay for something new, and good quality like hifonics or phoenix gold, do not get a cheap amp, they dont put out the watts they claim. before you buy an amp go to sounddomain.com and search the name. polk momo are overpriced.

suspension,(christmas $) TEIN basics, $900 perfect ride quality, and height adjustment, cant go wrong there, do not go with cheaper coilovers, your better off staying stock

rims,(birthday $) save for the ones you want, or you can get knockoffs they look identical if you dont care about name brands i wouldnt buy used rims off ebay cause you never know if there bent.

since winter is upon us i would start with the sub and spring add the susupension, the suspension is the most dramatic change in appearance and the celica looks pretty good dropped low on GTS rims, the thing about 18' rims is they raise the car a bit and you cant get that slammed look with the action package (i know because i had 18s with tein coilovers and bent them, after i took them off and put the stocks back on the car was lower and looks sick) thats why im now considering 17s hope this helps, even if your a spoiled little douschebag ;)

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
devilincelica said:
buy my rims
those r nice... what are they and how much re you selling them for. condition? price? tire life?

-greg

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
tires are shot so you will need to buy new ones...they are 17" RH Evo CP-35. there is slight curb damage on 2 of the rims but not too bad. if you look in my gallery i took a pic of the worst on close up. I guess im looking to get around 500.00 for them. I paid $900 when i got them 1.5 yrs ago. i did buy them used but they were in perfect condition, and like i said there rubbers will need to be changed soon.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey, ya i didnt even see any curb damage on them. Also i really wanna look around at all my options first. But the thing is i dont even have 500 cash right now :( but and also i think i would lower the car before rims. The thing is, what was the part that you should get when you get lowering springs such as teins? Cause i think coilovers r outta my league unless i wanna save up and only buy coilovers.

-greg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts