NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I was to buy an Injen, Kand N, or AEM (the new one) CAI would it help or hurt an auto GT??? I plan on installing the Hotshot header and TRD exhaust soon also!!

Justin

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes but does it actually make any gain?? I heard some GT's are running slower than they were stock with this stuff and since I pulled a 16.10 with my stock GT in the quarter I don't want to go back and run slower LOL!!

Justin

·
Registered
74 Posts
lol - its all give and take man. i'd say injenor aem - never heard of the other one

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have also heard about the Injen slowing times. They say that AEM is better in the low end. Autos need help with that. There is only a 1hp diference. My advice for auto is AEM. I have a manual and Injen, I love it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Wait a minute. . . .You have an AUTO GT, and you ran a 16.1 in the 1/4 mile? Thats a damn fast auto GT. I ran a 16 flat with a stock 5 speed GT.:rofl: :AF: Anyways I got an Injen CAI and I love it :) Planning to get Kazuma or TRD exhaust, and some hotshot headers possibly.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep thats correct man, sure did ran a 16.1 shifting through the gears from 1rst all the way to 3rd and crossed the line in 3rd, its all about a lot of variables man!! I expected it to run bettter than say when I took it to the track anyways simply cause my old grocery getter Corolla with a 1.6 in it ran 17.00's and it was a 4 door automatic so with the Celica weighing less and a bigger motor and near 40 hp more I expected it to drop a pretty good bit from the Corolla, however I admit that it was not my only time to run through the night, plus it was my fastest one there were many slower than that, it takes practice, correct launching technique, ummm you reaction time makes a huge difference!! And not to hat or anything but most people I have talked to on here with GT 5 speeds are running mid 15's at least!!! later!!

Justin

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
i have an injen CAI - auto GT
and also the Tanabe Super Racing Medallion Exhaust

I haven't dynoed it or anything but it definitely makes a difference and I do not notice a significant loss of power in the low end

·
Registered
536 Posts
if you don't want to lose any low end, get a drop in from K&N or TRD .....incidently I got one for sale cheap :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Injen for my Auto GT and it made a slight positive difference. Low end power is weak...but it was weak from day 1! If you have the money you could just hold off until Draper's turbo comes out - it will render your intake useless. I'm tired of people telling me how weak my auto GT is...but they're in for hell when I drop that mofo in there! If you don't plan on a turbo anytime soon I would get the injen intake and couple it with the TRD exhaust. I've seen dyno gains of about 9 HP with the combination...which is really respectable.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
GO AEM!!!
With an Auto you need all the lowend you can get.
You will get more trq with the AEM, but loose out on "1"hp at the top end that you would get with the Ingen. NOT WORTH IT!!!!
Get the AEM CAI and buy an APEX-i filter. You will love it.
Ingen owners always swear by there intake, but the fact is every damn celica I have raced with an ingen intake has been killed by my beast. :)
And that was when I still only had intake and exaust.
Trust me you dont want to loose that lowend. It will kill your 1/4mile times.

·
Registered
935 Posts
DopeCelicaGT said:
Yep thats correct man, sure did ran a 16.1 shifting through the gears from 1rst all the way to 3rd and crossed the line in 3rd, its all about a lot of variables man!! I expected it to run bettter than say when I took it to the track anyways simply cause my old grocery getter Corolla with a 1.6 in it ran 17.00's and it was a 4 door automatic so with the Celica weighing less and a bigger motor and near 40 hp more I expected it to drop a pretty good bit from the Corolla, however I admit that it was not my only time to run through the night, plus it was my fastest one there were many slower than that, it takes practice, correct launching technique, ummm you reaction time makes a huge difference!! And not to hat or anything but most people I have talked to on here with GT 5 speeds are running mid 15's at least!!! later!!

Justin
Sorry, Reaction time does not make a huge difference in 1/4 mile times... in fact it makes no difference. You can sit at the light for a minute, then go and you'd still get the same 1/4 mile time than when you cut a perfect .500 light. The only time reaction time really matters is during bracket racing or heads up racing.
1/4 mile times stay constant, while reaction times can vary and not have an effect on 1/4 mile times.
If I may ask, what was your 60' times and trap speed?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts