NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay..but now i'm totally mad at Zaino. If it's so bad, they should've never ever recommand it on their site. Making ppl think that if they need to clay bar and to get the ultimate shine then they should wash it down with dawn.

2. If you are looking for the ultimate paint surface preparation. Use Zaino Z-18 ClayBar first or skip to Step 3.

3. I would definitely recommend you remove the wax buildup on your paint. Just use Liquid Dawn (hand dishwashing liquid) as a car wash. It has a high alkaline content which cuts right thru carnauba wax, paraffin, silicone oils, etc. This will get your paint finish squeeky clean and wax free.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The way I understood the Zaino instructions (and It's how I applied it) was to FIRST TIME: Wash the car with dawn, Then Clay Bar it, then wash it with Zaino wash, then apply the Zaino. NEVER use dawn again, always use the Zaino wash once you have put the Zaino polish on. I clay bar once every 6 months or so by putting in about an ounce of Zaino Wash in an empty Zaino detail Spray bottle and filling it with water. This works a s a good lubricant. You can use the detail spray for a lubricant, but it's fairly expensive. Remember to wash the car BEFORE claying, and wash it again AFTER claying, then just put some more coats of Zaino polish on the car.

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
I have never personally used Dawn or the Zaino system. Everything I hear about Zaino is first rate. Why don't you take your time and write a very professional letter/e-mail to them voicing your concerns and asking for their opinions. (post letter and response here, please)

My interpretation of their instructions is the same as acilecdps6. This way you only use the dawn once. I have heard people using it once a year to "start fresh."

This being the case, how many years are you going to own this car, 8-10? So doing it 10 times over the car's life will not harm it, IMO. Let's try and be sensible. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
reason why I did it 4-5 times is cuz I had my car repainted a few times due to scratches, accidents, changing bodykits, etc. But I've called Sal and talked to him over the phone before. He said just don't make it a habbit, but he said washing down with dawn is absolutely the best for giving it the ultimate shine.

He did say that every 6 months at most, then you have to re apply Z1. Doing the whole clay, dawn steps.

Now I wanna know is...should I be worried? I havnt damaged the seal have I?

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
You answered your own question and then asked it again. :ugh:

Are they dried out, cracked, deteriorating and leaking? No. You've done it 5 times, your car is fine. Treat them with some Vinylex and go about your day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts