NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already had a 7th gen, and i have to admit that i loved it, up until the point where i hydo-planed and hit a wall and the car was no more.

Now as much as i would like to get another 7th gen celica (and i am sure i will get another 7th gen when im done with college and well into my career) i am not goin to be able to do so right now. However i was looking for some info on the previous generation celicas.

Im not sure if the 6th gen model came in the "all-trac turbo" package with the 3sgt (i think thats right?) engine? I have also heard stuff about a "gt4 celica" which i hear is supposed to be 6th gen 4WD turbo and what not.

Now i dont know how hard it would be to find a car like this, but if anyone can fill me in on some info, it would be great. I am thinking about going to some car auctions and what not to see if i can find one, but i dont know what a good price to pay for these would be, and what i can expect to get out of them.

I suppose a RWD or AWD is what i am looking for, and i dont think i would have any problem selling my Jetta VR6 (yeah...i know i wish it was a GTI) for one, or if i could find one for cheap i wouldnt mind having another "project car." If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be great. Basically im looking for either RWD or 4WD with a 3sgt (?) engine celica....and no not that like 650 HP 7th gen one either :). Thanks for any help dudes and dudettes, and if you know of any for sale in your area, and you think it is a good deal, PM me or something, cuz im sure i wouldnt mind driving a while to pick one up. Also...i dont do automatics :).

·
Registered
2 Posts
6th gen alltrac aka gt-four were never introduce to the us by toyota. the only alltrac you'll see here is the 4th gen and 5th gen.

you can get a 6th gen custom/swapped/imported but expect to pay a lot ^^.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
alltracs are rare cars. so good luck finding one thats in good condition. your best bet is ebaymotors(where i got mine).

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay a few questions then:

What Did you pay / could i expect to pay for an Alltrac 5th Gen?

What are the HP and TQ numbers on the AllTrac 5th gen? I will do some searching as well, but i assume they are fairly fast stock...once again i dont know much about them.

If you cant already tell, i am looking for a fairly cheap and fast AWD or RWD car, and am having a little bit of trouble finding one. I didnt know the GT-Four didnt come to the US, but i have seen them and they are pretty badass. Any other suggestions on a cheap, AWD or RWD car that is quick? I am not looking for something that is just gonna blow everything away, but nothing too slow either. I dont mind about a little bit of bad conditions because i am planning on using this as a "project car" anyways. Thanks for the help.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,528 Posts
JnS_Skellington said:
Any other suggestions on a cheap, AWD or RWD car that is quick?
Eagle Talon AWD Turbo... my son has one with a stroker.

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
JnS_Skellington said:
Okay a few questions then:

What Did you pay / could i expect to pay for an Alltrac 5th Gen?

What are the HP and TQ numbers on the AllTrac 5th gen? I will do some searching as well, but i assume they are fairly fast stock...once again i dont know much about them.

If you cant already tell, i am looking for a fairly cheap and fast AWD or RWD car, and am having a little bit of trouble finding one. I didnt know the GT-Four didnt come to the US, but i have seen them and they are pretty badass. Any other suggestions on a cheap, AWD or RWD car that is quick? I am not looking for something that is just gonna blow everything away, but nothing too slow either. I dont mind about a little bit of bad conditions because i am planning on using this as a "project car" anyways. Thanks for the help.
Well an All-trac won't be cheap for its age. You can find an Eagl Talon or Eclipse GSX for cheaper. Look to spend about 7 grand for a 93 All-trac.
As for power... well, they're not the most powerful engines on the block. They're putting about 200hp and 142ft/lb of torque, but heres the downside... they're 3200lbs!!! it weights just about the same as a non-turbo Supra. However, since everyone and their moms are getting WRX/STI and Evo's, seeing a 5th gen All-trac is refreshing on the eyes. They're beaufitful!
Another cheap RWD car with some power would be Porsche 944 turbo (or non-turbo). It's got a 50/50 weight ratio, torquey motor, and Porsche's legendary handling :D

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Gas-n-Grease said:
As for power... well, they're not the most powerful engines on the block. They're putting about 200hp and 142ft/lb of torque, but heres the downside... they're 3200lbs!!! it weights just about the same as a non-turbo Supra. However, since everyone and their moms are getting WRX/STI and Evo's, seeing a 5th gen All-trac is refreshing on the eyes. They're beaufitful!

are you talking WHP or rated hp?

rated the st185s are 200hp 200tq. with a 50-50 weight distrobution, also that number is based on their 8.5 psi rating(i think its 8.5) if you were to boost it to 10 you'd make as much or more than a dsm... stock for stock that is.

getting a DSM is way to popular these days..

id rather own a peice of history than a DSM...

Thats another thing, owning an alltrac you must embrace its history, its not just another runofthemuck celica.

if you want more info on the alltrac celicas www.alltrac.net they will answer all of your questions

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
Carbonized_GT said:
are you talking WHP or rated hp?
was talking about the flywheel rating... my torque was way off then. Still though, it weighs quite a bit for its size and power. Boosted2.0 got his down under 3000lbs, with lots of cf parts, if I remember right.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
yeah they are a bit porky.

I agree, I think he should go for a DSM. Alltracs are expensive and expensive to maintain, if the previous owners did not take proper care of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts