Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here's my embarassing death story.

I'm followin this 94-95 civic with redded out tails and a beehive buzzing exhaust. We both make a right turn onto jamboree (a long straight 4 lane street in irvine) and he takes off. I check for cars coming and then follow. I hit lift expecting to catch up to him easily, but he kept a good distance. So we both get to a red light and I know hes gonna go, but i don't want to make a scene so I don't prepare for a launch. Neither does he.

The light turns green and we both gently take off, when I get close to 6k, I can hear his motor start to get loud so I floor it too. His rear is instantly at my front bumper by the end of 1st gear and I don't land lift. By the time we are at about 60-70mph, hes got about 1-2 cars on me. He slows down and I throw him a peace sign and he gives me the thumbs up.

He definitely has some sort of motor swap because I could hear his vtec kick in.

No matter how embarassing it is to lose to a civic, I guess I still gotta give some of them their respect.

I'm guessin that it runs low 14's at the track.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
ya the little bastiches are quick with motor swaps, Ex: Cheezefrog :) the guy eats 10sec Ls1's on the freeway!!!:bowdown:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't think CheezFrog has an engine swap in his car. That sig was meant as a joke. From what I hear an NSX engine swap is very possible in a Civic, though. I'm guessing those NSX engines aren't very easy to find.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
:rofl: of course his sig was a joke but he really does have a swap in his hatch, i think its a B18B (LS motor) with a huge turbo, along with some other goodies, remember engine management is the key :)

·
Banned
3,768 Posts
I haven't lost to a civic yet, but a GSR still gave me the biggest ass-whooping ever :chuckles: you definitely have to respect them, besides I almost bought an 2000 Si :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Y does it necessarily have to be a swap ? You said you heard vtec kick in. Could be a d16z6. Everyone in the world doesnt have a twin cam. But you are prob right. Just wanted to make my point.\
By the way its very easy and cheap to build a d series.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a GT-S with intake and exhaust so that civic was definitely quick. :)

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
i got smoked by a civic before. that thing definatly had an engine swap. that ****ty looking civic just flew by me. i wanted to follow him and ask him wat he had under the hood, but he was going atleast 120. i didn't want to try following him at 120+ mph.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have 5 buddys wit civic hatches and well lets just say about 3 of them are 12 second cars, 1 is a full dragster tat runs 11s and the other one is 17 second, but wont be long till it will hit 14s(getting a jdm sirII swap in april), but anyways good death!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
A 14 second 1/4 is fast for a Stock 17 second car.
By the way what model civic does he have thats doing 17's ? Gotta be a vx cause even a dx does mid high 16's with a good driver.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mistrimeat said:
News flash: a 14 second quarter is NOT fast.
Fast is relative. A civic doing low 14's to me is fast. :)

·
Banned
3,768 Posts
Vroom_Vroom said:
TOYOGT
your car is hot mann!!! do you have hids or any more pics of the car :)?
Thanks for the compliment, yes I have H.I.D.'s - vision 6000k. I have more pics but not here at work, I can email them to you if you'd like or better yet I should post a thread in the appearance forum, i haven't done that yet :(

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mistrimeat said:
How exactly is a stock 17 second car running 14's???
Did you what so ever even read my reply! Either that or you couldnt interpet all the facts into your brain!

EVILGSR said:
I have 5 buddys wit civic hatches and well lets just say about 3 of them are 12 second cars, 1 is a full dragster tat runs 11s and the other one is 17 second, but wont be long till it will hit 14s(getting a jdm sirII swap in april), but anyways good death!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
l Hate Torque said:
A 14 second 1/4 is fast for a Stock 17 second car.
By the way what model civic does he have thats doing 17's ? Gotta be a vx cause even a dx does mid high 16's with a good driver.
Yeah he has a vx which means VTEC-E 70 hp and saying 17 is just about right for that car! if your goin to do a dohc vtec swap into a civic hatchback the vx is the most perfered because it already has the vtec wiring harness, its very light weight and you dont have to worry about the power steering and A/c because it dont have any!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Redline said:

Fast is relative. A civic doing low 14's to me is fast. :)
a stock celi doing low 14's is fast to me...i wish i could hit low 14s all motor

btw, one of my worse losses at the track was to a plain, white POS looking civic hatch with the stock rims and stock muffler attached (he was runnin off headers tho).....lets just say he ran a 12.4

i talked to him after, and it was an all-motor fully built b18 swapped in

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.