NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to knott's Berry Farm and rode on their Xcelerator.
The acceleration is from the magnetic rail system shoots you straight out then go straight up

in an old style Chevy:

I did not take any pictures because afraid of all the water rides would kill digicam, so took the pics off a www.westcoaster.net
I like this one because of obvious reference to fast cars :chuckles: more than the ghostrider which the reviewer here gave a 10/10 http://www.westcoaster.net/community/index.php?showtopic=8377

·
Registered
33 Posts
ooooh..ghostrider...one of my favorites...=) u know with Xcelerator...i thought that ride was gonna suck....but when i rode it...ooh man..that ride was tiiight...haha..i actually went on it like 3 times in a row...there wasn't any line when i went..=) and yes i got a lil lightheaded afterwards....haha

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey PJ~! Didn't know you were on this forum. Hows jess? Tell her bryan said "hi".

Xcel is fun but it gets closed down alot. Everytime we go to knotts is always shut down for at least a couple hrs during the day due to, "unsafe wind conditions". I just wish they didnt take out the soap box races. That was the best ride there!!! Remove the bumper cars or something, geez..

btw: for Xcel, always say on the RIGHT lanes :chuckles:

·
Registered
33 Posts
yah i dont post too much....my car kinda gets hated on here... :( but i find the so.cal forum ppl a whole lot nicer :) and yah i'll tell her u said hi......whoa...the soap box races....haha..yah that was hella fun...i miss that ride...=P

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking for soap box racers but it was not there like you guys said. They are building something huge right now, can't wait for it to get started. The only good rides are xcelerator, ghostrider, and the classic Montazuma's (sp?) Revange right now.
Jaguar is not too bad but more of a for the whole family ride, not scary but more of a "quick tour of Knott's so you can find the ride you want next" thing. I liked Xcelerator, it was fun having your whole body jolted when the car gets shot straight out then go onto a tall climb and then straight drop with a twist. Ghostrider has a great G-Force feeling to it, and like all wooden rollercoaster it feels like the cart is gonna jump off the track. As you can tell I have not gone to Knott's for awhile, you can bet I will go again when that new rollercoaster is finished. Just looking at what they already done already got me drooling :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
KNOTTS SCARY FARM!!

enough said. :D

i'm going with a bunch of friends

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Originally posted by cool2miketlu
I was looking for soap box racers but it was not there like you guys said. They are building something huge right now, can't wait for it to get started. The only good rides are xcelerator, ghostrider, and the classic Montazuma's (sp?) Revange right now.
Jaguar is not too bad but more of a for the whole family ride, not scary but more of a "quick tour of Knott's so you can find the ride you want next" thing. I liked Xcelerator, it was fun having your whole body jolted when the car gets shot straight out then go onto a tall climb and then straight drop with a twist. Ghostrider has a great G-Force feeling to it, and like all wooden rollercoaster it feels like the cart is gonna jump off the track. As you can tell I have not gone to Knott's for awhile, you can bet I will go again when that new rollercoaster is finished. Just looking at what they already done already got me drooling :)

:chuckles: I thought I was the only one who remembered that ride. That was closed down during my childhood. Didn't remember that ride til you brought it up. That xcelerator looks pretty siick. I have to go to Knotts again ona regular day. Don't really go there unless it's Knotts Scary farm with my lady.

·
Registered
861 Posts
sounds kinda like the superman ride at 6 flags, that sh!t's fun and it's way shorter than the xcelerator looks, xcelerator must be awesome!

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Xcelerator is awsome... just too short :( Going that fast the ride is over before the other set of cart even leaves the station :( I would go again when the new ride starts.
BTW I have 2 sets of following coupons for Knott's Scary Farm (each coupon is good for 6 people)
$24 good from Oct 13 & 20
$26 oct 1, 2, 7, 10 & 26
$31 oct 8, 14, 17, 21, 24, 27 & 28
$35 oct 9, 15, 16, 22, 29 & 31

Then the Haunted Dreams Package:
1 Night for 2 guests @ Radissan resort
1 day breakfast buffet for 2
2 tickets to Holloween Haunt
2 Pre Scare Dinners
2 Holloween Haunt T-Shirts
$249 (plus tax)

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pm me the date that you are interested in and I will mail you out that specific date coupon... If someone is going on the same date maybe meet up so you guys can make full use of the coupon :)
Don't forget to pm me your addy to mail this coupon to :D

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
I remember the soap box derby car ride....that was a long time ago...I went with my cub scout troop...

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great... Thank you guys for reminding me how old I am, because last time I went on soap box racer I think I was in High School :chuckles:

·
Registered
272 Posts
i remember the soapbox too.. i must've been like 5 years old or something

1 - 18 of 18 Posts