NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today going to get the grounding kit installed, the meeting area was kinda hard to find had to drive around and finally found it... But I already drove past it yet there were no U-Turn allowed so I drove into a market and circled out. When coming out I hit the gas alittle quick and merged into lane, when I dropped my clutch to neutral the BOV went off. When I glanced to the right side of the street there was 2 El Monte police car there I thought Oh $hit I am going to get busted... Saw the cop looked my way and looked for me, luckily he drove away.
After getting grounding kit installed I was going home, saw another police car behind me so I drove really slow. He was following me for awhile, then flashed his lights, walked up and said "Saw your tag have 03 stickers but when I checked your license plate number it says its not registered, please give me your license + registration + proof of insurance".
I was very polite and pulled everything and gave it to him (all the while thinking how could that be, if I have sticker I must have registered my car right?), before he goes to his patrol vehicle he also said "You have modified exhaust" I responded "Yes I do, I added a silencer to the exhaust to get it quieter" ;) He said "quieter huh?" he then said "You have anything illegal in the car?" I said "Oh! No!!" ;) (thinking its under the hood not in the car :D). Well my car sounded quiter than a stock exhaust so I guess he believed me and he walked back to his car. Another cop pulled behind first cop, first cop walked over to 2nd cop they talked and I guess he checked my license plate and found out its registered with O.C. Sheriff Dept and walked right back and said "Here you go have a nice day" and took off.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I hate when they get things mixed up and scare the crap out of you. I have been pulled over for mixed up **** a few times. You think you are gonna get busted hardcore, then turns out they made a mistake. Takes a huge load off your shoulders.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sure I am offering "Mike's super duper get out of jail free kit!"
It consist of a mask of yours truely and a sheet of paper of polite words to say to the nice police officers :D
alphasubzero949 you really need this kit, it is on sale for $29.95, buy 2 kit get 1 kit free :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
I got pulled over last week...not for mods. I was doing 85ish on the 15, so i wasn't quite innocent. :eek: The cop was cool, but i still got the damn ticket. I wonder what the fine will be for 20 over the limit.... Is there a way I can get out of this even though I'm guilty? :naughty:

~Jeron

·
Registered
84 Posts
mike im starting a group buy for your kits lol!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
cool2miketlu said:
It consist of a mask of yours truely and a sheet of paper of polite words to say to the nice police officers :D
alphasubzero949 you really need this kit, it is on sale for $29.95, buy 2 kit get 1 kit free :D
i saw it cheaper on ebay

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hahahaha How much were they selling my kits? I will refund you 110% of the difference :D
hahaha just playing...
But yeah kinda scared me abit, I thought man did DMV fock my registration up? They messed up on my drivers license by changing my zip to 00000 and they moved the address number around, so I was thinking maybe they messed up this also. Good thing nothing bad happened. Thats 2+ tickets i got out of without a scratch, I better knock on wood :D

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
cool2miketlu said:
Can we do a group buy? :gap:

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
I got pulled over about 5 months ago Righ after I got my Celica out of BRS and was pulled over by the cops. As soon as I was pulled over I was told to get out of the car and lie on the ground. I was immediatley Cuffed and thrown (hard enough to give me a bloody nose) into the back of the squad car. They then proceed to rip my car apart. About 10 minutes late my fiance and grandmother (who were meeting me at WC Toyota... saw my car with the police surrounded it where I was pulled over (Mobile Gas station on the corner of my street). They went up and asked what they where doing. The poilce stated they had a warranty for a Manuel somthing of arother and that they were taking him in. My grandmother then asked the officer if he checked my ID. He responded no, went and found out that I am far from Manuel. The officers then called in the Warrant and found out that some kids were caught smokin crack by my car and the arresting officer that night took my plates down as there (go figure!) The officers then uncuffed me and took off leavin me to put my car back together.

Talk about mistake!!!

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
should have taken down their badge numbers file a complaint and then sue the department for gross negligance as well as assault and battery.... ID is first thing you focken check when you arrest someone, as for the rough way they treated you you should have tell them to take you to the hospital to have wounds checked and recorded. Man you get into so many situations that you can sue the people out of could have made mad amount of money might even set you up for life, you have convenience of family member being a lawyer I am suprised you did not protect your rights.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
I had no time. I was in cuffs. By the time i was out, they boned out. My grandma was hysterical and my fiance was trying to pick a fight with the cop.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well if you remember what they looked like you can still file a complaint, and ask to see pics of officer on duty on that date at that time. They can pick criminals out of lineup, when they violate your rights should they not be treated as a criminal also? Since your mom is a Lawyer should she not be giving you advise regarding how to handle these type of situations? I would and I am not a lawyer, do not know law as well as her but she should atleast know how to protect your rights in these situations since she is a lawyer. Neways after finding out who they are sue the department and the cops involved....
It is too late now (maybe but your mom should know how long of time span you are allowed to sue, you can get mucho denero with this) but if you mentioned this when it happened I would have thought all this out for ya.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts