NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now it looks like half the cars running around here, but i plan on actually finishing it :D.

I think all the panels turned out pretty nice, there is only a small low spot in the passenger door that needs fixed, and some on the rear window post. And considering it had side-swiped a gurad rail, had a tree fall on it, and god only knows what else when I bought it.

What it looked like last week:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/loser_guy/DSCN0186.jpg
and hopefully next week it will be this color all over,

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oONoGoAutoOo said:
good luck with everything.
thanks. Whats going to be fun is re-blocking everything to get all the little wobbles out of it.

I was thinking about putting some sort of stripe down the side of it, does anyone know where I could get some like the ones that come with an HPI rs4 celica body:

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
hey a tree fell on my car too. I feel your pain.

It didn't get my car as bad as my friend parked next to me though.

keep up the good work, i cant wait till i actually stop spending money on little mods and save to get all my painting redone.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vegeta4ss said:
hey a tree fell on my car too. I feel your pain.

It didn't get my car as bad as my friend parked next to me though.

keep up the good work, i cant wait till i actually stop spending money on little mods and save to get all my painting redone.
Yeah, the tree actually didn't do much damage, the main things it did was bust teh windshield, crush the windshield wipers, put that huge dent in the rear post, and busted my wing at the right thing that goes into the hatch (fogot the name heh)

Heh I need to stop spending time looking at little mods and work on mine.

But yestarday i got it all blocked down again, put some skin coat in a few places, then got what will hopefully be the last coat of primer on there.

Now I just gotta fix my bumpers and wing, get primer on em. then paint the rocker molding and it'll finished.
:bling:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr. BUbLeGuM said:
you getting a kit on it or anything before you get it painted?
I'm thinking about it. I can't find any kits that I like for under 1400$. My first concern will be will wheels, then a few minor performance things, maybe eventually a kit.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
i would get a kit now before u paint it cause then u dont have to worry about color matching and fitting problems cause some kits u need to modify before putting them on and if its painted before u get a kit u take chances of messing up the paint

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imatunergts said:
i would get a kit now before u paint it cause then u dont have to worry about color matching and fitting problems cause some kits u need to modify before putting them on and if its painted before u get a kit u take chances of messing up the paint
Well I wouldn't have to worry about color matching because dad mixed the paint and we have the formula. And I'm not even sure if I want a kit yet..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts