NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about going spoilerless on a APR (based)widebody ?I think it might look pretty good ,and the more i think about it the more i like the idea .So how do you guys think it will look?ANY AND ALL OPINOINS,Pics or Photo chops would be nice

also I do not care for any of the aluminum or metal bracket based spolers ,Like All the APR ones etc ,like their one that is made for their widebody kit is DEFENITTLLY not my taste and want nothing that even resembles that or is Big like that.

any suggestions please post
thanks alot for your thoughts

Sinc:Kenny Heiser

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Originally posted by Darkside
anything is better than those high ricer wings they usually have on them
yeah i cant stand it... i know it goes with the kit but i think it sucks...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup you wont see anything like that on my widebody ,You also Wont see those little mirrors, and you Wont see any stickers either since I have no sponcers except my wallet ,and that sponcer makes me bust my azz,and leaves me broke every week LOL

Brash boys is aluminum too is'nt it ?

so Do you think it would look decent with just nothing back their ?
sinc:Kenny heiser

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
KEnny Heiser 3 said:
yup you wont see anything like that on my widebody ,You also Wont see those little mirrors, and you Wont see any stickers either
wow for once someone in the appearance forum isnt a complete ricer! you are a good man, kenny - never succumb to the evils of horrible taste

no aluminum
no lambo
no stickers
no unpainted/spraypainted kit

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
someone with a yellow apr kit posted pictures of his car without the apr wing once...i forgot who it was though...try doing a search...

·
Registered
435 Posts
yeah, the brashboy is a very small lip spoiler that would look hot with the apr i think.

no wing could also look good.

PLEASE, ditch your rear wiper if you go no wing or brashboy. it kills the flow of the back of the car. if you already getting a bunch of bodywork done, just get them to axe the rear wiper.

god will thank you.

good call on keeping the stock mirrors, i always thought those little tiny ones looked out of place.

·
Registered
600 Posts
the evils of horrible taste
no aluminum
no stickers
What?!? You have to be kidding. Bat's vinyl overlays? Alluminum APR spoilers? Not seeing bad taste here.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
vinyl overlays arent stickers, buddy - im talking about stickers of random brand names all over the car or stupid graphics or huge ugly "racing stripes"...especially people with the infamous "roll call"

and yes, anyone with an aluminum wing is a fvcking ricer...i dont care how expensive or "JDM" it is; any spolier that mounts in the middle of the rear (that didnt sound right lol) looks horrible, but that is just my (and anyone who doesnt own an import) opinion

if you're trying to make you car look like an F1 car, at least make it 1/8th as fast first - putting huge spoilers and brand stickers on cheap imports is extremely tacky

·
Registered
638 Posts
Crizzz said:
someone with a yellow apr kit posted pictures of his car without the apr wing once...i forgot who it was though...try doing a search...
it was richard (radr1732)
search for wingless celicas and look through the topics and you'll find it

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Originally posted by AssFauLt

PLEASE, ditch your rear wiper

good call on keeping the stock mirrors, i always thought those little tiny ones looked out of place.
[/QUOTE

no aluminum
no lambo
no stickers
Rear wiper has been shaved for some time now along with the doors ,antenna ,soon to be gas cap etc ,so dont worry that is all covered LOL

And about the mirrors, I actually Own a pair that is Custom Hand sculpted and crafted from an aquired freind of mine,and Is One of Two sets In the INTIRE world Beleive it or not,I own a set and the maKer owns a set,So I have the mirrors covered ,They are actually one of the finest crafted most miticulis peices of work i have ever had the pleasure of owning, hehehehe

And yes Absolutlly NO Aluminum,Lambo doors(God NO!!!) ,and of course no stickers ,like i said before ,I better being getting PAID Big time to put any vynol over my paint ,Ive worked to damn hard for this thing to have some one else name on it ,Unless of course I was getting $$$$$$ LOL

thanks alot for all the advise and opinions Please keep em coming and some links to the brash boy spouiler would be nice ,or any other type of low slung spoiler

*Edit* brash boy spoiler looks really nice do they still make it?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Darkside said:
im talking about stickers of random brand names all over the car
But that helps identify the parts under the hood that others cant see we have while we're driving, or what brands we hope to someday have under our hoods. :thumbup:
Darkside said:
any spolier that mounts in the middle of the rear
APR makes direct bolt on replacement :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
wow for once someone in the appearance forum isnt a complete ricer! you are a good man, kenny - never succumb to the evils of horrible taste

no aluminum
no lambo
no stickers
agreed

Originally posted by POISONLOTUS
What?!? You have to be kidding. Bat's vinyl overlays? Alluminum APR spoilers? Not seeing bad taste here.
i am.... with the spoilers especially... ITS NOT A FRICKIN RWD CAR FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
why would you want to put names of parts you someday wish to own on your car?I can see the stickers on a sponsered car to advertise and cause the owner got a payout,but why advertise a company that you already gave a huge prifit to, when you bought their stuff? Or why advertise their product if you dont have it? just curius its not like these company s are doing anything for you besides getting richer ,is it so it makes it look like you have more stuff done to your car than you do?everytime i see those stickers i dont think half those parts are in the cars anywase ,its kinda like putting a Gt-s emblem on a GT kinda ironic dont ya think

and just cause APR's spoiler is direct replace ment doesent mean it looks good or even makes sence on a celica,Just not my taste i geuss,I mean i really like the APR widebody kit ,but the GT 300 spoiler is just Not my taste ,nor is any of their spoiler line,IMO

·
Registered
435 Posts
Originally posted by KEnny Heiser 3
thanks alot for all the advise and opinions Please keep em coming and some links to the brash boy spouiler would be nice ,or any other type of low slung spoiler
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138921&highlight=brashboy+spoiler

theres a thread with more pics if youre interested

you can pm vitek at kozz tuning and see if he can hook you up. hes organizing a jdm GB at the moment so you might be able to get it shipped over with the rest of the GB. its listed in the gb forum.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
POISONLOTUS said:
But that helps identify the parts under the hood that others cant see we have while we're driving, or what brands we hope to someday have under our hoods. :thumbup:

APR makes direct bolt on replacement :thumbup:
^ricer

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
who cares thats what he likes I could say the same thing for you everyone has their different classifications of a ricer yours might be different than mine. Doesnt matter what anyone says im the one putting out the money and im gonna be driving it so you make it your own personal project not someone elses

1 - 20 of 52 Posts