NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unfortunately, TPR managed to lose my intake somehow in the mail and after 2 months, i haven't received a refund

i should note however, that easyc is taking care of this (apparantly)

being out upwards of $180 now until i get my refund, my only choice would be the ebay cai. i'm not too concerned about bogging, etc. as i have the power fc so i was wondering if this is a decent alternative?

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by MicaCeli
yeah why the heck not? With the PFC you cant tune it the way you want it.
thanks slava. have you ever read anything bad about them? you really can't go wrong with a full CAI for $30. it just seems a little too good to be true
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
755 Posts
Is TPR not sending these out via a trackable method?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,784 Posts
Filters are not the best but are ok. Sometimes the mounting braket might not fit exactly........but most of the time they fit fine and work well :)

You almost done with the swap? How did the DBW to Cable conversion go?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Lormax
Is TPR not sending these out via a trackable method?
apparantly not. Chris (easyc) did not purchase the tracking option when he sent my intake out via usps. or at least that's what the records show when i enter the purchase #
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by MicaCeli
Filters are not the best but are ok. Sometimes the mounting braket might not fit exactly........but most of the time they fit fine and work well :)

You almost done with the swap? How did the DBW to Cable conversion go?
cool, looks like i'll be buying one soon

swap was dorment for 2.5 MONTHS while my damn powerfc was on backorder from MWR.

it finally arrived on tuesday though so with any luck i'll have a 2ZZ GT by early next week
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Just to clear things up about TPR, they've been redesigning their CAIs for the past couple months, so they couldn't sell you one if you sent them $1000, let alone send a replacement. ;) This was brought on by TPR firing their previous machinist for incompetance, and acquiring a new machinist with huge connections in the aftermarket industry. This allowed TPR to create an upgraded CAI that is perfect in every way:

- stainless steel construction for the most durable Celica intake ever
- cast-in MAFS fins for 100% manufacturing consistency (fins were previously welded in by hand)
- custom K&N filter (brand new design for K&N!) with larger filtering surface area than filters on any other intake, plus venturi system to accelerate air
- custom angled silicone coupler for perfect alignment with the throttle body
- adjustable mounting bracket for a perfect fit on every car

The CAI retains the ability to become a short ram to prevent hydrolock, as well. Everyone who had paid for a CAI before the changeover will still receive one once the machine shop works out everything with the casting shop (don't worry, CONTROL ONE ;) ). Plus, once TPR has enough funds, everyone who already has a previous gen TPR CAI will get an upgraded top half (maybe more) to solve fitment issues they may have. :) And yes, there will be tracking numbers with the shipments (most likely by UPS).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Christian

so will i be receiving

1. a refund
or
2. a redesigned cai

?

i would honestly prefer #2, but i can't afford to wait another few months, the snow is coming soon!
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by CONTROL ONE
Thanks Christian

so will i be receiving

1. a refund
or
2. a redesigned cai

?

i would honestly prefer #2, but i can't afford to wait another few months, the snow is coming soon!
You can get whichever one you want, but you certainly won't have to wait months. :) Like I said, the machine shop is finalizing plans with the casting shop (a prototype of the casted part has already been made), so the new intakes should start production before the end of this month. BTW, I'm waiting for my TPR CAI, too. ;)
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Well, it all depends on what the shop uses. TPR parts will be shipped to customers directly from there, so choices are limited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
I have the ebay CAI and haven't had a problem with it. The bogging seems to be getting worse, however. So I am about to perform Blue's mod. I say it is worth it, however shipping the bitch will take you closer to $50.


Jon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
Yeah, the Ebay unit isn't a bad unit if you have the PFC. YOU can tune around the bog very easily.

The TPR unit appears to be a top notch unit that just looks awesome. I looked at the engineering drawing of that MAF piece and was impressed. That is one CAI that I want to run on my car!

I know of another style intake that should be out shortly. I'm not going to say who is making it yet, but I do know it's trick. I'll keep you posted. As a teaser, I know it has rotation-molded pieces to it. I doubt it will make as much as a full CAI, but it will destroy all SRI currently on the market....maybe even match a few CAI's too. Stay Tuned!

That new product will be sold by a name you already trust too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,756 Posts
whats the custom k & n filter look like?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
Ok lets make things perfectly clear. I didnt lose the intake, i have a receipt and customs paper showing that I did indeed ship it. The post office told me anything over 4 lbs can get caught up in customs for a few weeks.

#2, because of lack of funds, people who have the previous gen will only be upgraded if something breaks. Just like any other warranty. Im sorry, but I DO NOT have enough money to just send out 50 intakes at a whim.

#3, I did file a claim with the USPS. I am also filling out an inquiry paper. Because i sent this package air and not ground, they really have no way of tracking it easily from our end.

Not meaning to sound rude, just wanted to get teh correct information across...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by EasyC
Ok lets make things perfectly clear. I didnt lose the intake, i have a receipt and customs paper showing that I did indeed ship it. The post office told me anything over 4 lbs can get caught up in customs for a few weeks.

#2, because of lack of funds, people who have the previous gen will only be upgraded if something breaks. Just like any other warranty. Im sorry, but I DO NOT have enough money to just send out 50 intakes at a whim.

#3, I did file a claim with the USPS. I am also filling out an inquiry paper. Because i sent this package air and not ground, they really have no way of tracking it easily from our end.

Not meaning to sound rude, just wanted to get teh correct information across...
this is 100% true

i didn't make this post to bash you Chris, i made it cause i wanted to know about the ebay intake ;)
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top