NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i really like both cars and I would like your opinions on which car you would choose and if you have any reasons. This board seems to be very fair and full of very good and not one sided opinions. Either would be used and the celica would probably come out to about 3-5k less. I have driven both, and obviously like both of them and will probably end up with the celica. thanks for any opinions. (either would be a six speed)

·
Registered
395 Posts
both cars are pretty similar in every way. both cars pull out the same performance numbers in 0-60 and 1/4mile. i like the look of both the cars, but i like the rsx exterior look better, not too mention i love the interior. acura has a lot bigger aftermarket. the celica handles a little better. all in all, both cars are great. even though i love celicas, i would have to say i would go with an rsx-s.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well there are positives to both cars. But there are also ngatives, if its an early model type-s there would be a transmission problem with it grinding into 2nd gear. Of course it'll be fixed under warranty. As with the Celica, the GTS was closely compared to the original Integra Type R, and was said to be just as good as it, but lacking in a few aspects.

Overall its personal choice. Many believe the Celica is a car you either love or hate, but the Honda's are well known for reliability, easy to mod and great styling.

Good luck with the decision, I know its tough but the idea is to never doubt yourself.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Gt-s baby its faster and looks better!!!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
the rsx is a nice car for its price, but theres way too many people driving them nowadays. personally, i think the celica is the more sportier car of the two by how it looks, its lower stance, the way it feels on the road, and inside the cockpit. :)

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
Both cars are great 4 bangers... :D
If you are looking into modding alot then go with RSX-S but if you aren't into heavy modding then got with GT-S.... I like the look of the Celica better then RSX(which made my decision)....

You can't go wrong with either car......
Two of the best 4 banger in it's class..... except like going with turbo... or like above 25k.....

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Depends on how serious you are about modding and tunning.

Out the door they are basically dead equal. The S has 20 more hp, but it also weighs 300-400lbs more. Bottom line both properly driven the S should win by a .1. On the race track the GT-S wins that battle. Overall comfort inside I give to the S. I just love the more racer type interior of the GT-S. Seats on the S are more comfortable, but IMO do not hold you as well as the GT-S. In the end you can't go wrong with either car. Just know that they are dead even regardless of what a Honda or Toyota fan boy may try too tell you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i test drove both of them on the same day and i went with the gt-s the rsx-s just didnt do it for me when i mashed the gas, it just didnt feel as quick as the gt-s. i know they pull the same numbers but you more like you are part of the car in the gt-s. and then i hit the lift in the gt-s and pulled out my checkbook and drove it home.

·
Registered
47 Posts
RSX-S AND A GT-S IS ABOUT THE SAME. RSX is 200 hp with 2700 or 2800 lbs...and a GT-S is 180 hp with 2500 lbs...celica might have lesser hp but is lighter...which gives advantage..and rsx has advantage because of its 2.0 liter producing more lbs ft torque. When they both go against each other...its A DRIVER'S RACE!!! I like Celica better though because it has better handling and has the exterior of style.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I test drove both, and went with the GT-S. The RSX-S did not feel as sporty. It did not look as sporty either. The interior is less sporty, the cornering is less sporty. The engine is as powerful, but less sporty in character. Shifting on the 6-speed is also much nicer on the GT-S. The RSX-S felt like a GT-S for my parents. Only thing is, the RSX-S has better aftermarket support, especially the Hondata ECU which I believe is just plug n play.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have owned a 2001 GT-S for 2 years with 28,500 miles. I will never buy a toyota product given the 1/4 ass customer service I get when I go to the dealers. I have refinanced my car with a local credit union to prevent feeding toyota's pocket. I will steer everyone I know away from toyotas as long as they continue their petty ass ways. Personally I would consider a honda in the future given the mass aftermarket that honda's seem to have. The 7th gen celica has been out for 3 years and doesnt have sh&t to show in the aftermarket.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
RSX-s's Have Hondata. Those cars are in the low 13's N/A right now. The infamous... RSX-S smokin the EVo8 Vids. Even I had the choice when I bought my Celica (no RSX or WRX at that time) I would have went RSX.

·
Registered
493 Posts
i dont think the RSX-s has a lot more mods nowdays with turbos coming for gt-s. Greater selection yes, but how far you want to take it? and then they have an aftermarket chip that gives descent horsepowers but celica does not. Looks, go for Celica definetely. Handling go for Celica. Relieability both same, i dont think Hondas are more reliable that Toyotas, plus toyotas have a little better overall quality in the engineering department.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Greddy and HKS have developed and are releasing kits for the RSX and Type-S.

and no deniying the Ings RSX Dosent look Sexy!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts