NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Chronic Celica Owner
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two issues. One is that the car looks funny IMO with the big gap between the tires and fender. I want to lower about 1.5".

Other issue is that my shocks are worn out and bouncy.

I was thinking it would cost less $$ to get coilovers w/shocks & springs together, than to buy lowering springs and all new shocks. I'm not into racing on road courses, but taking driving seriously and appreciate a well handling car. So I want stiffer, but not so stiff that it knocks my teeth out.

So I'm asking what you would do in my situation- knowing that you have a tight budget as well.

My last celica I installed Hotchkiss sways on the stiffest setting, and Tein springs. I believe it was a 1 1/2" drop. It was slightly stiffer than stock, and handled like a friking go-kart. I had almost no understeer, was awesome.

·
Chronic Celica Owner
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well last time I checked I thought coilovers were cheaper as a set, but looks like I'm wrong. Cheapest ones on ebay are $700 no name brand. So basic OEM style shocks are $35 each and no name lowering springs are $67 for the whole set. I'm looking at the 245/255 spring rate, 1.4" drop.

Any yay or nay?

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts