NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Just want to give you all a heads up to watch your rear-views out on the freeways. The CHP will now be out in full force and will more than likely use this period as an excuse to make BS traffic stops.

Drive safe...

·
Registered
687 Posts
no its because of the highened terrorist threat alert

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The last time the country was on an orange alert I got two tickets by the CHP (STILL fighting those!) and many other people I know got ticketed by them as well.

I'm expecting them to go out on a ticket binge again using national security as a curtain, so I just wanna make sure you all have the heads up.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
wow, i saw 6, countem 6 CHiPs cycles all side by side on the 10 E . . . one of them pulled over a Van that was in front of me for following someone too close (i think, thats the only thing i can see what happened) . . . they sped forward and i drove by 3 more CHiPs who had pulled people over to the side!

BS harrassment! be careful

·
Registered
687 Posts
thank God I am asian! woot

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sucks to be me. :(

And timinh, I know what you mean. Today alone I saw 5 CHP cars within 10 minutes, 2 of them had people pulled over. On the way to Puente Hills Mall there was one on the off-ramp at Azusa off the 60.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nu Concept said:

yo "DA", its 2ftf (2 FAST TOO FURIOUS). respect that name.
i'll respect the name if they do the movie right.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
On the off ramps....there are yellow signs saying a speed...but it doesn't say "speed limit". Are you really suppose to go like 40mph on the off ramp when coming off the freeway? Can a cop give u a ticket for goin 60 on the off ramp?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
NeSyO03 said:
On the off ramps....there are yellow signs saying a speed...but it doesn't say "speed limit". Are you really suppose to go like 40mph on the off ramp when coming off the freeway? Can a cop give u a ticket for goin 60 on the off ramp?
Technically the officer can nail you for CVC 22350 (Basic Speed Law) if he wants to be an @ss. The yellow sign post is the "recommended speed" and NOT the prima facie. For example where I was stopped the recommended speed for the transition was 45, yet the officer wrote down the PF was 65 MPH. You can argue against the citation if you know how to use the Basic Speed Law to your defense. You can also obtain traffic engineering surveys for the off-ramp or transition.

If you do get stopped, be sure to make notes of the conditions (weather, traffic, whether the road was dry, etc.) before, during, and after the traffic stop. Note everything about the traffic stop and what the officer was doing from the time you first noticed him to when he pulled you over (was he closing in on you? Was he around the corner and could not have seen you approach beforehand?).

Remember, if you do get pulled over for such a thing, you can fight it. Don't argue with the officer if he stops you. Cops enforce, courts decide.

Edit: Also look at 22351(b). You can also use that to your advantage.

·
Registered
687 Posts
NeSyO03 said:
thats called a speed trap, if you tell the officer about your situation and you catch him trying to give you a ticket in a speed trap, then you by law cannot get a ticket. tell him the speed limits changed and if he catches you 10 feet over the changed speed from 65 mph highway... to 40 mph off-ramp and says you are going 65 in 40... that is a speed trap. Speed Trap = ILLEGAL

·
Registered
357 Posts
h0l0grafik said:
thank God I am asian! woot
i don't think that helps very much if you're in a sporty looking import... you get labeled as the typical ricer/racer and the cops look for fix-it ticket stuff. some are just rat bastards... like the one who pulled me over less than a hundred feet from my school on my way to there for having my windows tinted (extremely light tint, i don't even know how he saw it).

·
Registered
357 Posts
lol, i just got pulled over less than an hour ago by the local police... fix-it ticket for some blue parking lights!!!! lol, GO EAT A DONUT and stop picking on me for having barely noticeable blue parking lights.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts