NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that don't know, DCM takes a yearly vacation to the Outer Banks (OBX) in North Carolina every year. This year will be our 3rd visit. It's happening starting memorial day weekend, May 28 - June 4, 2005.

I just wanted to keep this on everyone's minds. We are planning EARLY this year. 2 houses are reserved and we went through a different rental company because they are more friendly to our kind of groups, not to mention their houses are kick ass.

Half of the stays payment is going to be due in about a month. The total for housing will come to about $250 (not sure about exact because of taxes or if they raise the price on us for the rentals) so in a month's time, each person is going to owe about $125. Yes, this is almost twice as expensive as last year, but this year we are in Kill Devil Hills, and we are Beachfront. Each house has its own private walkway to the beach. Food price will remain at $50 for the week.

ANYONE is welcome to attend. We have 2 couple slots open. I know of 2 couples that are interested (friends of mine and friends of Prinya's) but I wanted to open this up to DCM people first. Also, if 2 single people don't mind sharing a big bed, more single people are welcome to attend.

Here is a list of people that I have attending.

Couple 1 Liz & Todd
Couple 2 Prinya & Jenn
Couple 3 Eric & Jenn
Couple 4 John & Gaynne
Couple 5 Jake & Jenny
Couple 6 Mei & Slava
Couple 7 Larry & Carmen
Couple 8 Scott & Risa
Couple 9 Brian +1
Couple 10 Jim +1
Couple 11 Dennis +1
Single 1 Will
Single 2 Doug
Single 3 Beth
Single 4 Leah
Single 5 Jon
Single 6 Roger
Single 7 Ryan
Single 8 Ryan guest
Single 9 Carrie
Single 10 Tim

here are links to the 2 houses.
http://www.carolinadesigns.com/cdfinal/asp/master/464m.asp
http://www.carolinadesigns.com/cdfinal/asp/master/446m.asp

Can this get stickied for a few days please?

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
Consider it sticky.

BTW, thanks for the work you have done thus far Liz. I know you were underappreciated last year in your efforts.

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim. :)

Believe me, there are going to be changes this year. Especially since there really won't be a "main house"

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also, if the house fills up, we had lots of people in "floor space" last year. Although you are pretty much agreeing to little or no sleep.

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
schlegelbagel said:
Also, if 2 single people don't mind sharing a big bed, more single people are welcome to attend.
The sleeping arrangements will be "MTV's The Real World: OBX III-style". If I decide to bring someone, we may camp in a single or on the beach or next to the pool and I will chip in the cost of sleeping on the floor for them.

Thank you once again Liz for helping with the house hunting and organizing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow These are very nice houses I dont know if we will be able to make it this time.Having the baby he will only be about 6 months old by then.

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Calvin, you are going to have to let us know if you are officially "in" or "out"

You need a vacation. Isn't that what Grandma's are for?

·
Banned
3,768 Posts
HIP-HIP-HOP-HOOOOORAAYYYYYYYY-HOOOOOOO-HEEEEEEEEEEEY-HOOOOOO :wiggle:

Higgins will be attending!!!! Thank you, Lizzie- you're the BEST! :wave:

:wiggle:

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
hehe, I need to keep a steady girlfriend.

I will warn people who are sleeping on the floor- I WILL probably be one of the ones keeping you up to all hours of the night. If this scares you, too bad. I hear closets are nice to sleep in.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.