NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got rid of my oversteer and the car is hooking quite nicely. This is on street tires. 225/50/16's also with stock front struts, had to send them back to TEIN for a rebuild after 1 year and 3 months... booo

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ks2_tuning said:
Congrats... what did you do to get this done?
nothing really. Stock front struts, got about -1.8 camber in the front. some fat tires, rear sway with coilovers. car hooks good when I dont over drive it :) I'm having my front two TEIN's rebuilt for autox. cant wait to feel the difference :)
How are you guys doing Ks2? How is the celica holdin up?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well we launched an engine last time out, we are going to go with a remote oil pump om the car... like the system you can get from force-fed the lotus guys. the difference being ours will use a slightly larger pump with 2 pickups in the pan. the system not a dry sump setup, so we'll avoid the extra weight being put on the car from the organizers.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^ yeah the best thing about the lotus using our engine is bringing us more aftermarket. Hopefully something like hondata for our cars will show up, but its doubtful. I bought an S2K and am racing it this sunday. Its bone stock, for now hehe. I'll post up how I did but all the other s2k's will be running race tires I'll be on the stock tires. So if I get within 2 secs I'll be pretty darn happy heh. There is only one other car that will be running street tires and its a boxter, I might be able to take him but we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beat the boxter by.4 and I had a passenger lol. The S2K is tail happy as shiot. Hard to drive compared to the Celica. I came within 3 secs of the guys on race tires so I'm happy. Our local guys are trying to put together a street tire class for the S2K's and vettes that would usually go to ASP or BSP. Im hoping it happens cuz thats all I like to race on is street tires. I'm sure race tires are fun but it takes just as much skill to beat the other guy when ur all on street tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts