NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My 01 GTS has been getting a P0135 and been really really sluggish since it started getting it. I reset it once to see if it came back and it did. Then I connected up a OBD monitor with real time sensor output and it seems the ECU is reading the sensor fine.

Can you guys tell anything from the data in the pictures I took of the sensors output?

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,853 Posts
Heater circuit that warms the O2 Sensor. Basically, just a resistor. The Lambda sensor will still fluctuate. Disconnect & measure the heater resistance.

·
Registered
541 Posts
From my experience, the O2 heater circuit will trip an OBD code every time, and quickly, if it is broken, unlike the sensor output circuit that requires two drive cycles to light the CEL if it is out of spec.

Test the two black wires on the 02 sensor connector for continuity. if there is none, the circuit is dead inside the sensor.

Also check the engine side of the connector for 12V on one of the black wires with the key on RUN, as it is what heats the circuit inside the 02 sensor.

If there is no voltage to the circuit, check for damaged wires along the engine and for a burnt fuse under the hood and in the centre console; likely marked as EFI.

Hope this helps.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,853 Posts
Also check the engine side of the connector for 12V on one of the black wires
If the Lambda is showing changes, it's getting power. They share the supply. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.