NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a p0440 code and this code happened after cleaning the lift bolts, which I had a code for and that is why they needed cleaning. It took 300 miles for this p0440 to come on. I looked in the hoods and the hoses look fine as far as I can see. My bf had to disconnect the battery to look and now my stereo doesn't turn on. I don;t know if he caused that or what to do. The stereo fuse looks fine. Please help thank you. I need to smog and reg was due in April and it is just sitting in my driveway along with my cobra which also had an emissions code so I am unable to drive anywhere.

·
Registered
340 Posts
double check all of your vacuum connections. Make sure all the lines are properly connected, and that none of them are leaking anywhere. Other than that, look in the repair manual and it'll show you how to check all the valves in the car. A bad gas cap gasket, or a loose gas cap will also trip the CEL. If all else fails, I think you can pass with up to 1 monitor incomplete.....erase the code, drive just enough to pass all but the evap monitor and go get the test done....

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I think it's related to your EVAP or GAS cap. Tighten your Gas cap, or buy a new one.

Double check your evap hose and connection to the sensor.

:)

·
Registered
4,111 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes I did, last September. Though now that I think about it a few weeks back I had to move it to change the filter. Possible vacuum hose mixup maybe?

·
Celica Enthusiast
1,247 Posts
did you cap off the little nipple sticking out the side of the intake manifold?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey guys (and gal), the wife's car just threw the P0440 code. I was inspecting the vacuum lines (I never look under her car's hood unless somethings wrong) and there is a little nipple on the back of her stock intake box that doesn't have a hose connected to it. Is that normal? There is another nipple that's even smaller just under it that DOES have a connected line.

PS, how do you reset your CHL?

·
Registered
497 Posts
P0440 Evap

Clear the codes.

Do Toyota drive cycle to clear all flags, but the EVAP flag will stay on.

California SMOG stations will pass SMOG with EVAP flag on.

You will have the CEL for that P0440.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,636 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts