NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently replaced my lift solenoids to get rid of P1693, i turned on the car and heard a really loud clicking noise followed by a loud snapping noise, i turned off the car immediately and read the codes and this is what popped up
Font Line Screenshot Terrestrial plant Technology

i checked spark plugs and checked MAF sensor wires, nothing seems out of place, i clear the codes and run the car again, the clicking and popping continues, i read the codes again, and only P1692 remains, i just replaced the solenoids so i don’t think they’re faulty, any wires i should check or anything else? also does anyone know which solenoid is Bank 1?

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,682 Posts
If I remember correctly, p1692 means that lift is trying to engage below 6000 RPM. This generally means either a bad pressure switch, stuck open ocv, or incorrect wiring causing the ocv to be activated.

Make sure you haven't plugged something incorrectly into the ocv.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I remember correctly, p1692 means that lift is trying to engage below 6000 RPM. This generally means either a bad pressure switch, stuck open ocv, or incorrect wiring causing the ocv to be activated.

Make sure you haven't plugged something incorrectly into the ocv.
do you know the location or any pictures of the pressure switch youre talking about? also which wiring harnesses should i be checking?

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,682 Posts
which wiring harnesses should i be checking?
To the VVTL OCV.

Sorry, I don't have a pic of the pressure switch. There are two. They're round and screwed into the head on driver's side. One is straight oil pressure and the one you want is Lift pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts