NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there is already a thread for this very popular code, but I have tried all the fixes and to no avail, the code keeps popping up.

Here are the fixed I have tried:
  • changing oil
  • new lift bolts
  • cleaning OCV filter

The code pops up when I:
  • go over 6k rpm
  • drive for a while (don't know why but it pops up sometimes just driving normally)
When I read the code through BlueDriver, it states P1693: OCV for VVTL Close (Bank 1)
- I have no idea what this means☺
When I go over 6k rpm I hear a sort of clicking or popping noise, not sure if that is relevant

Thank you in advance if you have any suggestions on how to fix it, I know it's a popular code and there's a ton of threads on it but they all end up coming to the same conclusion, either to change the lift bolts or clean the ocv filter, I might be super dumb about this fix🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
176 Posts
When I read the code through BlueDriver, it states P1693: OCV for VVTL Close (Bank 1)
- I have no idea what this means☺
When I go over 6k rpm I hear a sort of clicking or popping noise, not sure if that is relevant
This means your OCV isn't opening, since you already cleaned the filter, it's likely just faulty.

·
Registered
176 Posts
thanks, just to be sure that part is this right? and its located on the battery side of the engine?
Yes, and also inspect the entire housing and all ports going to it. This is what controls the oil pressure for Lift, that kicks in at 6200rpm, so it sounds like it's not opening enough during Lift. Does your Lift work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts