NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of any good places in the Chicagoland area where i could have my Kaminari Bodykit painted and installed for a good price? just trying to find the best deal thx in advance if anybody knows

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i know that place good place, but they quoted me at 1000 dollars for install and paint, and i was just wondering if anyone knew another place that was good but didn't charge as much, because right now body werks is on the top of my list

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
DaileyDog said:
Body Works in Skokie.
Don't take this suggestion.

1. They will charge you alot more than other shops.

2. They will take 4-6 weeks to paint your car. Don't even ask me (or my roommate) about delays there.

3. Their standard level paint is crap. It actually seems to be worse than the stock paint. It looks good when you first get the car, but will look like crap in two years. My front end has been painted three times in three years and needs it again. Body Werks also IMO skimps on prep work. My roommate (MISTER 2), who paid bug $$ for their "show" quality work, his paint is fine, but mine is crap.

There is a place in the city called International Auto Design (773) 622-5944. A friend of mine from high school, his cousin owns the shop. My friend once crashed his Talon turbo and the work his cousin did on it was amazing. They're a small shop and would probably really appreciate the business, especially a cool looking car. Its most likely where I will be taking my car next.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Originally posted by DaileyDog
Body Works in Skokie.
Since Jesse mentioned my experience, I will respond.

For the type of work that was done on my car I feel that what I payed was reasonable. In addition I am very happy with the finished product.

Keep in mind however Jesse's paint is a factory color and my car is not even close to a factory color.

Jesse and I both have had work done on our cars during periods of time where there was alot of internal changes within the company. That caused their service to go through the floor. We have both missed key events over the years as a result of being told the work would be done in 4-5 days, and we did not acutally get our cars back for 4-6 weeks.

When I picked up my car in July '04 from having some minor touch-up work done I was told by Larry (the owner of Body Werks)...that all those internal problems had been resolved and would no longer be an issue. I truly hope this is the case, because IMO Body Werks can do great work...but in several personal experiences they have dropped the ball with respect to Customer Service.

Larry is a very nice guy and stands behind his work. Even with the internal personel problems that cause their service and quality to not be up to par at times, Larry has always stood behind his work, and the Lifetime gurantee he gives with his work. Based on that I will give Body Werks the benefit of the doubt that they have gotten their turn-time and quality lapses worked out, so I still recommend Body Werks to people when they ask where to go for work.

Bottom line. Body Werks can do fantastic work (even if it does not come out fantastic the first time). If you are not satisfied with something that was done to your car, go in and talk to Larry. The lifetime warranty is not just a line of text he puts on his website. If you are not happy with the work Larry will fix it. Take advantage of the warranty, Larry has never given me or Jesse a hard time about having something re-done if it was not done right the first time.

I will still recommend Body Werks.

Jesse you are potentially giving unfair credit to the shop you listed in there. You personally have NEVER had any work done on your car anywhere other than Body Werks. So for all you know, the quality your friend got 8 years ago, was simply because it was his cousins car, and not necessairly indicitave of the work they put out for all their customers...

Take your car to Body Werks, IMO.

Jesse I still feel that your concerns should be addressed directly to Larry, he has in the past, and I trust will still take care of them. However since the Celica is your only car I can see based on your own and my experiences why you would be suspect about handing over the keys to your only vehicle.

I would be curious to hear experiences people have had at Body Werks since July of this year when I was told all those problems, that caused turn time to go from 4-5 days to 5 weeks, were resolved.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice im going there tomorrow for them to check the paint code and then they are going to paint the kit.. i'll let you know how long etc..

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i took my car there today to get the paint code and they started on it right away.. they are going to call me as soon as the paint is finished and they are ready to install it

·
Registered
773 Posts
Don't know exactly what all the drama is with Body Works but I've had stuff done there on time, on budget and I was happy with the results. My experience says they're worth a shot. Hope it works out for you.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts