NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Oh Hai
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not done yet but i need to know if it looks good so far or not. It doesn't match the exterior of the car though, but at least it matches the intake. i just need your opinions before i paint the rest of the plastics

·
Registered
499 Posts
i used the same color for mine... looks great!

·
Oh Hai
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll be honest, i don't think it looks that good. Would of been better if it matched the car.
yea i know, but i had trouble find a body shop that can mix the paint for me. and i just temporaily cut off my bank of account becxause i thought i lost my debit card (turns out i left it at applebees) so i am unable to buy the spraypaint from online.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Looks good, But I think you should've chose a color that no one else has, just my 2 cents

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
I like it, post pics when you paint the rest of them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
something that would look ten times better is white. good theme for a carbon blue car. sand blast or get a real fine sand paper and sand off the blue and put 3 coats of a candy white, not pearlecent then 2 coats of clear heat shield. walah your car is amazing:gap:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
something that would look ten times better is white. good theme for a carbon blue car. sand blast or get a real fine sand paper and sand off the blue and put 3 coats of a candy white, not pearlecent then 2 coats of clear heat shield. walah your car is amazing
except that car isn't carbon blue. its spectra blue

yea i have a carbon blue car and i was thinking of painting my engine plastics silver. What do you guys think? I do have btw silver calipers, white trd front plate, and white celica fill in so would silver look the best?

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
I did that with my GT when i did have it. The color i used that matched the car the best was a royal blue color. Im guessing you used a metalic blue color???? Also send your valve cover, intake mani and TB in to TRG and have them powder coated. Itll make it look even beter.

·
Oh Hai
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did that with my GT when i did have it. The color i used that matched the car the best was a royal blue color. Im guessing you used a metalic blue color???? Also send your valve cover, intake mani and TB in to TRG and have them powder coated. Itll make it look even beter.
yea i know it would look much better powder coated but i just put a load of money getting my body kit painted so i'm not too sure how much would it cost to get the plastics powdercoat. i just wanted to try painting it myself just to see how i would do.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
See about it being painted spectra blue.

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
Very nice color and work.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Would've looked better if it matched your car but it still looks great!

On a similar note, so do you guys recommend painting the plastics yourself and gettin the metal pieces powder coated? [to match the car color]

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
But it does match the intake, gives the engine a constant color theme.. i like it, Nice work

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
What I don't like about it is that it's too CLOSE to the stock color without being close enough.

It's not exactly bad, but I think if you had just went with a completely different color other than blue it would have came out better. It's like wearing black with navy, the colors are too close to match and it appears off.

Personally, I'm not found of wild, bright colors. I think a high gloss black finish would look amazing. High gloss silver would also flow quite well. This is just my opinion of course.

If you are going to go blue, I would just do the stock blue. You can easily buy the exact color of your car by going to the local stealership or to any automotive paint supply store. It is much more expensive, but IMO, it's worth it. Most shops will sell a "paint repair kit" that will come with everything you need, minus a spray gun (kit generally includes paint, reducer, mixing/measure cups, mixing sticks, and thinner/cleanup concentrates as well as instructions on how to mix it properly).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.