NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
Why would Rustoleum not work? Maybe the person who told you that was the village idiot. Normal spray paint would be fine as long as you put it on correctly, i.e. the outside temp should be above 55 degrees, low humidity, no wind, making sure the part to be painted was prepped and primed, etc....

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Rustoleum doesn't work. I tried painting mine silver, and after a couple washes, it rubbed right off. Even sanded the mesh and primed it.

Vinyl dye actually works well, but I'm not sure if it would stand up to the damage that would occur from rocks, etc. hitting it.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
i used rustoleum and has been on my car for about 4 months and in perfect condition so far

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
You know what I used? I went out and bought some rubber spray in a can. It sprays like paint, but dries to rubber. It's not real thick, so I put on about 8 light coats just for good measure. Now it looks better than the mesh that came on the rest of my TRD bumper. You can get different colors. I used black. I got it at Home Depot for about $4 for the can.

Pics at my site. Click the sig.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.