NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

I'm looking to repaint my spoiler myself and was just wondering if someone could help me with steps in how to perform this properly without a ****ty job (for lack of better word). Also, do you think a pint of paint would suffice the amount needed to repaint the spoiler? How much would you say it would cost for as much as I need? Thanks for you help whom ever reponds.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
if youve never painted a car before, dont try. trust me.
However if your planning on doing it anyway, fince grit wet sand paper.
spray gun obviously
paint

they should have a product at your local auto paint dealer that has a glass jar at the bottom u fill with premixed/thinned paint and screw it on the bottom of an arisol type can...
also get a can of professional clear coat arcryllic.. dupont = good

seriously though, just take it to a paint shop. shouldnt be much more than the supplies would cost you.. id say maybe 100-150 depending on the shop.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
thin even coats, its pretty hard to do, harder than it sounds. a pint is what the guy gave me for my whole roof and hatch section. cost 50 bucks premixed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
drewd said:
thin even coats, its pretty hard to do, harder than it sounds. a pint is what the guy gave me for my whole roof and hatch section. cost 50 bucks premixed.
Guess I'll have to wait till I can afford my paint job in a few years. What do you think is a good price for a full paint job and switch to mica blue? I was consider mica blue, but I do like my absolute red as well.

thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts