NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice a few stock 16" enkei rims painted in gunmetal on this site. I was wondering if there was a write up ( DIY ) on how to do this, on this site or maybe a different site.
BTW I already looked in "Appearance mods".

·
I'm back :)
2,963 Posts
you mean scion tc's stock 16s? enkeis dont come on the gt-s. Anyways its really easy, I just did it with a friend. Sand it down till its smooth, do a few light coats, then a few heavy coats then clear coat. I did my gt-s wheels in gloss black and it looks bad ass

·
2,963 Posts
I just went to meijer and picked up gloss black engine enamel spray paint because they didn't have gloss black for wheels and got clear coat wheel paint also in a spray can. It looks really good. There are a few runs, but those can probably be buffed out or something. Let me know if you want pics and I'll post some

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
peeper06 said:
I just went to meijer and picked up gloss black engine enamel spray paint because they didn't have gloss black for wheels and got clear coat wheel paint also in a spray can. It looks really good. There are a few runs, but those can probably be buffed out or something. Let me know if you want pics and I'll post some
That be nice if you could post a few. thanks.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
also on clubrsx.com they have a write up in the wheel and tire section...whenever i get a weekend off i'm guna do it.

·
2,963 Posts
Here ya go. Sorry the cars kinda dirty, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
wash rub with alchohol primer and paint thin thin thin coats, lots of em and your paint will last, give 30 mins b4 each coat. this way you get no runs. good luck. awesome easy cheap mod.

tip:::::::::::: paint the whole! rim, even the inner well, i wish i did this

tape up the wheels around the rim.

the only part chipping on mines is the center cap, don't paint it keep it silver it looks nice

let us know how it turns out

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep planning to get this done this weekend.
hopefully I can find some Gunmetal "Rim" can paint.

What type of clear coat should I use? Is any clear can? Duplex?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
if you check out my member gallery, the rims on my car with the kaminari kit. I painted those with duplicolor's wheels paint and clear coat. just sanded and washed with warm soap and water... and sprayed. check it out. it came out real clean. masking off the lip took the longest, but you wont have that problem if your spraying the whole wheel

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just a tip,
I just did mine a week ago, when you tape off the wheel, make sure the tape gets down between the tire and rim so that the rim edge is also painted, otherwise yoiu will still have silver edges!

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
00gtsGETemHIGH said:
wash rub with alchohol primer and paint thin thin thin coats, lots of em and your paint will last, give 30 mins b4 each coat. this way you get no runs. good luck. awesome easy cheap mod.

tip:::::::::::: paint the whole! rim, even the inner well, i wish i did this

tape up the wheels around the rim.

the only part chipping on mines is the center cap, don't paint it keep it silver it looks nice

let us know how it turns out
You need to at least sand the wheels first or the paint will chip.

http://duplicolor.com/projects/howto_wheel.html

Follow those steps with duplicolor paint and got great results.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts