NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
I did the one on my last engine red and didn't replace the gasket and everything was cool. This time I went flat black and replaced it because it was a full engine rebuild. Pics are in the reader's rides section. Car is finished now, but not posting pics till Monday.

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
I was told that anytime you remove the valve cover the gasket should be replaced. Also some sort of sealant grease was supposed to be dabbed on in certain places. You can see some of it was squished out around the bolts on my valve cover. Anyone know what that stuff is and if it is, in fact, necessary to replace the gasket? (This info was coming from a Toyota dealership mechanic, so he could have just been trying to get money out of me)

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
I've always been told to replace the gasket anytime you remove the valve cover.... I dont really have a good reason why, but I figure, better safe than sorry. coOOlcelica, did you get your cover polished by the guy that posted on here not too long ago?

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
S|Lv3rBu||et said:
I've always been told to replace the gasket anytime you remove the valve cover.... I dont really have a good reason why, but I figure, better safe than sorry. coOOlcelica, did you get your cover polished by the guy that posted on here not too long ago?
no i did not plus that guy is shipping it out to a third person i believe.

try to get in touch with this place they do great work

http://thepolishingshop.com/location.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts