NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Spent some time this weekend taking 3D pics with the GH2. Hard to work around the fixed F/12 without a tripod. Just about anything indoors will be grainy, but outdoors is fine. I'll have anaglyph pics up soon.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Another test, at F/5.6, ISO 2500, 1/50s. Make sure to watch at 1080p for full detail. :)

http://newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=343434

Got a couple of external batteries last week that seem to last forever. Shot drifting for 5hrs on Sat without shutting the LCD off, and the first battery was still alive at the end of the night! :AF: Allowed me to shoot 84GB of epicness. :D Also used a tripod this time, which was 1000x smoother and less back aching. Got a remote trigger coming in, so I don't have to waste time/space going back and forth from the tripod to the shutter button. I'll probably do some kind of compilation video at the end of summer, since there's drifting every Sat night at the local track.

So yeah, for the first time, I really do feel like I have a complete, high quality camera for video. Really can't ask much more besides maybe a true flat profile, but I can easily work with what I have already. The best part is, things are cheap for the camera. Shutter releases for $10, external batteries for $40 that are 7x more powerful than $50 OEM batteries, F/1.0 lenses for around $100 with adapters for $20, loupes for $30, etc.

Oh yeah, and then there's this:
http://www.43rumors.com/zacuto-shootout-francis-ford-coppola-votes-for-the-gh2-and-beats-arri-and-sony/

:AF:

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
More than 5hrs. It didn't die on me yet. ;)

Tripod:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830997656

Took an hour or so to work in the grease on the faux fluid head, but after that, it was butter. Used my backpack loaded with my other equipment (lenses, batteries, cables, etc.) on the center hook to stabilize everything. Was pretty solid, considering I had my GH2, 80-200mm F/2.8, Swivi monitor, and Tascam recorder piled up on top.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Going for my final testing tomorrow night at drifting. First week was testing ISO and aperture, second was WB, switching to a tripod, and using a focus peaking monitor, and this one will be color settings.

Tried using the flattest setting available (Nostalgic) for the past two weeks, but it just seems to bring up the shadows after the image is captured, which results in more noise along with more shadow detail (nothing I can't do in post). Gonna try Vibrant this time, since I always find myself bringing up the saturation in post by around 25% when using Nostalgic. It also has a more normal curve, so it should suppress the shadow noise. On the flip side, I'll probably have to bump up exposure to compensate...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts