NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 89 celica gt and found there is a parasitic draw on it. Replaced the alternator and battery because both were shot. After doing a decent amount of work of pulling fuses and letting the car sit to see if it dies, I found the AM1 fuse in the engine bay to be the cause. I did notice though that there is a super low volume level buzz on the inside, under the dash some where when the AM1 fuse is in. But when I pull the fuse, the buzz stops. I have pulled the fuses for the radio, cig lighter, the clock, and one more that I can't remember right now. Those won't the issue because the battery still died. Does anyone know what the buzz might be and is there any good wiring diagram/ fuse diagram that I can use?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Wrong celica bud. This forum is strickly for the 7th gen. That said its most likely a short rub spot in ur harness i would suggest an electrical diag mechanic or if ur able to do it ur self, use a ohm meter and start probing the wire at different distances to see if there is a large spike in resistance.

2000 GTS Turbo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.