NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a parking ticket summons in the mail for my parent's '91 Previa for Jan 21st 2003. But no one in the family was driving the car that day. And no one has ever travelled to the neighborhood where it says the ticket was given.

Is there any way it could be their error? I don't think there's anyway to fight something like this since you can't really prove the car wasn't there. What you guys think?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
you could try to take it to court but i think it would just be easier to pay it....cause you dont have any proof...just my .02

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Don't pay it. Write a letter and explain to them what happened. I received 2 parking tickets before but I stated my case and won. Parking ticket compared to speeding tickets are easy to win.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Once I got a letter in the mail stating that if I didn't come in and pay several parking tickets that my license would be suspended (or something stupid like that). I hadn't even owned that car for like 5 years. I had totalled that car out and insurance paid for it and took it to the junkyard (5 years earlier). :wtf: I'd fight it if I were you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Keep in mind guys, tickets can only be given to people , not cars. Is the car going to pay the ticket? Sticking a ticket on your windshield is just a lazy way to attempt to fine the person drivin, but they have to prove that you drove the car that day. Remember that assumption of innocence. All traffic fines are just a way to gain capital for the city, that's all. Easy money!

·
Registered
880 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. I received a letter in the mail stating that i never paid a parking ticket that was in a part of town that i never went to or even know anybody from. What i did was go to the local magistrate and told them what had happened and the said sorry the officer must of wrote the worng license plate down. Had to pay no fine or anything.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just found out that the ticket was written for a Honda. My parents are making copies of their registration now to fight the ticket. Damn typos.

Thanks for you help guys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's happened to me before. I got a parking ticket for a city that was 300 miles away. They included the make and model of the car, which was for some Red Dodge Truck... and I was like you guys made a mistake I'm living 300 miles away, and my car is a Toyota Celica... It still took like 3 months to get it all sorted out.

·
Registered
357 Posts
ShadowX said:
Keep in mind guys, tickets can only be given to people , not cars. Is the car going to pay the ticket? Sticking a ticket on your windshield is just a lazy way to attempt to fine the person drivin, but they have to prove that you drove the car that day. Remember that assumption of innocence. All traffic fines are just a way to gain capital for the city, that's all. Easy money!
:werd: i got a ticket for being too close to a fire hydrant, but I swear I was parked on a curb that was green for the 30 minute parking zone.. that has to be illegal. i wrote the court telling them i would fight it like 3 months ago and no word from them.. guess they just threw the ticket out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts