NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Been watching the forum for quite some time now and I have to say ... I wanna move to the States! Parts and services are easier to find; or maybe I don't know where to look :(

I've already ordered a couple of things from "beyond the border" and delivered them to the freeport near Montreal, but paying the taxes makes it come out to the same price on most items ... TAXES :bang: LoL. I was wondering if there is any place near the Montreal region that ports and coats headers. I'd like to port mine at a resonable price, as one advertised by Boosted 2.0 (One can only dream...). Oh and if you have any idea where I can get good parts besides Perry Auto :gap: ... please ... share :p

Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Perry seems to be huge even for us in Ontario

i usually just order from the US and take my medicine with customs and duties, you can save if they'll ship USPS

always had good dealings with monkeywrench and tirerack also...

but this isnt a honda and you cant just walk into to any place and buy parts off the rack, in Toronto we have a dozen import places but they cant match the prices, even they're ordering from the same place you would and just marking up the prices

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Perry are serious in what they do and do it well, but it's still a tad on the pricey side. I've also ordered tires from TireRack ... that, even with the taxes, still remains a pretty good deal.

I think I'll drop the header idea as I really don't think that replacing the original one would be a good upgrade now and just use my Yaris to go pick up parts from the States ... save on fuel at least :gap:

·
Registered
16 Posts
There's a place called dynamique auto son in montréal-nord, I bought some Redline LWSP oil from them, but again a bit pricey and as you guys already stated we don't have honda's. I order a whole bunch of stuff from people here on nc.org and whenever something is too pricey shipping wise, you have 2 choices either have it sent greyhound to plattsburgh then drive there and get it or you use kinek.com. The greyhound station is about 20-25 mins from the border or so and the kinek point is litterally 2 mins after the border at Lacolle (from Montreal that is).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm ... that Kinek business seems more legit than the shady Freeport Forwarding post. Gonna try it next time I order something. Good stuff! :thumbup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
The warehouse where they store the stuff from Kinek is a bit 'ghetto' lol, I used the one closest to the border one locust road. But it does the job and they charge really cheap around 5$ and 10$ if it's really big.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool site for Cooling parts (radiators, intercoolers, oil coolers) and some suspension and brake parts. Didn't order from them because I got a steal on the Mishimoto Radiator but it's a great product!!

www.cooldirect.ca (FREE SHIPPING!!! :wiggle::applaud:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
1 - 8 of 8 Posts