NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the 03+ interior conversion as some of you know but I still have the 2000 gray passenger side airbag and I have noticed that there is some sort of moisture at the bottom of the airbag at times. It never did this before when the dash was untouched. Does anyone know what this is or why it is happening?

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
:wtf: give it some old spice maybe it will stop :laugh:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
autxr said:
is the defroster on (or even selected). If so, then the AC is running.

Might have an air leak from the duct work causing the moister to condense around the air bag. A/C coil drain plugged? Bugs or crap plugged it up and if you use the defroster...............

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like I said it started after I switched out the interiors so it may just be that the seal is not as tight as it once was around the airbag.

I also used the word 'sweating' because it only happens when the sun is beating down upon it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Did you use armor all (or similar) on your old dash?

If so, I'd bet that what you see is the "old" armor all from the grey airbag running onto the black dash, which i'd bet you haven't armor all'd.

There is some better product out there, vinalex, works well on our plastic cars.

Erik Johnson

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its possible that the previous owner used Armor All on the old dash and this airbag but I never have.

I've been meaning to get some Vinylex but it seems I will have to order it online.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts