NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 GT-S 6 Speed TRD LSD Fidanza Flywheel MWR Oil Pump Gear BC Coilovers
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been trying to replace the passenger side motor mount and I'm having a hell of a time just trying to get the part that bolts to the chassis to line up.
Font Serveware Auto part Fashion accessory Metal

So far I've tried an SKP one I got off rockauto and when I gave up on that one I went out and bought a Duralast one from Autozone. The problem seems to be that flange that bolts in underneath the power steering fluid reservoir. I put the 2 other bolts in loosely and the flange is way off from where it needs to be. Am I missing something here? I even tried bending it but it needs to go sideways. I've been trying to do some research and see if anyone else has ran into this and so far all I can come up with is all the mounts I've bought are actually for the Corolla/Matrix 2ZZ and the aftermarket manufactures have just assumed they would also fit the Celica. MWR has two separate listings for this mount Celica and Corolla/Matrix. Meanwhile all the ones I've bought say they work with both which makes me suspect that they really only work with the Corolla/Matrix
Gas Font Auto part Metal Building material

Here is a picture of the one that was on the car on the left and the SKP one on the right

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha yeah I'm just gonna call the dealer tomorrow and order the OEM one 12305-22051. Still it just seems like a higher possibility that I'm messing something up whether than AutoZone, Rockauto, and tons of other places selling parts that don't actually fit

·
Registered
569 Posts
Haha yeah I'm just gonna call the dealer tomorrow and order the OEM one 12305-22051. Still it just seems like a higher possibility that I'm messing something up whether than AutoZone, Rockauto, and tons of other places selling parts that don't actually fit
Rock auto engine mounts are shit, dont waste ur time with them

2000 GTS Turbo

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got my order from Toyota Parts Deal today only took a few minutes to install. Definitely needs to be finessed into place but its not impossible like with those aftermarket mounts I was using. Let it be known: Passenger side motor mounts for the GT-S w/ manual trans do not fit unless they are specifically for the Celica.

Go to toyotapartsdeal it seems there are diff ones depending on the year
I think its just they updated the mount for the 02+ years. The one mine had on it was the original 00-01 one 12305-22050 which is 3 pieces and the little cartridge piece that bolts to the engine bracket can be removed. The one I installed 12305-22051 was only 1 piece because that cartridge piece could not be removed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts