NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rolled down my window and turn off my car for 20 minutes.
After turning on my car, i noticed that the passenger side window won't roll up. Does anyone else have this problem with their celicas? I also noticed that the window is loose, cause i can kind of lift it up about 2 inches. I already did a search on this and i though i saw someone with this same problem way back, but i came up empty.

·
Registered
388 Posts
ya theres a window lock on the left side of the steering wheel i had the same problem. stupid to put it on there with the window switches in the center counsel like that

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
00bluegts said:
ya theres a window lock on the left side of the steering wheel i had the same problem. stupid to put it on there with the window switches in the center counsel like that
That's the point. :rolleyes: Its to keep the passenger from being able to roll down the windows. It would be pointless if the lock was where the window buttons were.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OMG, after 3 years of driving, i feel like an idiot not knowing that. Thanks for the help guys. It's just 3:30am right now and i just did what you guys told me, unlocking the switch. I don't know why they hid it on the dash. Anyways thanks again, i parked outside my apt. and i was paranoid that someone might break in.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I did that when i first got the car, the passenger window wouldnt roll down but i was taking it to the dealer for something else anyway so i told them. They called me later and asked if i knew there was a lock on the window lol, i felt kinda stupid.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
why do u say roll down if you dont do any rolling?

i was thinking it was the manual rolling window thing, thinking it mite have been a mechanical problem... but guess not :D

happens to the best of us :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Redline said:

That's the point. :rolleyes: Its to keep the passenger from being able to roll down the windows. It would be pointless if the lock was where the window buttons were.
then they could still roll down your window, and you cant roll down thier window unless u unlock it, allowing them to controll it once again. ***got so like i said its pointless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.