NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little background here:

First time engine swapping, and as a girl I was offered a lot of help but did everything myself up to this point...However, now that I actually need help, everyone's advice/assistance hasn't actually helped (Figures?). Swapped out my 02 GTS engine for an 01 GTS engine with less miles/damage. Kept my manual tranny from the original setup. Everything installed back in okay except for two things:

1. Sensor - What is this and where does it go? Of course this is one of the few parts I didn't label for reassembly -_- Pictures below, and it's near the starter/fan. For reference, blue is my intake manifold.

[/IMG]

2. Passenger trans axle - Drivers side went in no problem. Passenger side is aligned (I can feel it engage, and when I turn the crank pulley the axle rotates), but it won't go in all the way. Needs to go in another inch or so.

Things I've tried (some in combination):
-depressing clutch
-turning flywheel
-checking spindles for damage
-lots of lube
-using two bolts/nuts on the engine mount to "press" it in
-hammering, pushing, shoving, etc etc

Suggestions as to how to get it in or why this would be happening would be much appreciated since driving my POS rust-bucket BMW just isn't the same :(

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'm sure you did but just incase for the axles make sure you have the mount that attaches from the axel to the body lined up right and everything. Other than that I'm not sure why it won't go in, mine went right in easily.

·
Registered
85 Posts
looks like it could be a knock sensor. I am not sure of location. I am just got my celica I never saw it though. If it is a knock sensor I think you can put it on the engine it picks up detonation and retards timing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts