NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new over here! Ive been having an issue with my Celi where the passenger window died on me. Once day it was working...next day dead. It actually got stuck down and i connected the wiring from the driver side (that works) to the passenger side and it went up so its not the motor. Its also not the switch in the middle since i have another celi and did a swap with no success. Im out of ideas...anyone? oh also the window lock is not on.

·
Turbo 2zz
4,674 Posts
yes there is a fuse, but it wouldnt cut on and off randomly if it was the fuse. Sounds more like a bad connection somewhere

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Didn't see that there, but I can't tell you how many times I've had a Sienna or Camry in the bay for windows not working and it was just the lockout button. Had one fellow drive to us in the rain with the power sliding door full open, just had to hit the lockout button and push it closed.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Didn't see that there, but I can't tell you how many times I've had a Sienna or Camry in the bay for windows not working and it was just the lockout button. Had one fellow drive to us in the rain with the power sliding door full open, just had to hit the lockout button and push it closed.
and these people vote!!!

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
It actually got stuck down and i connected the wiring from the driver side (that works) to the passenger side and it went up so its not the motor.
What exactly did you do? It's not entirely clear to me if you removed the wires from the driver's side window and used those on the passenger side.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What I did was unplug the connection to the motor on the driver side (right on the driver door) then grabbed a long cable and bridged that over to the passenger window's motor. Then i pressed up on the driver side button and it raised the passenger side.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Did you ever find a solution for this? I have the same problem on my passenger side window also, and I'd like to get it fixed.

It happened after I had pulled the passenger side door panel off a good number of times pulling speaker wire and installing a speaker. I'm not sure if I accidentally bumped something loose or a wire connection got pulled.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Besides shared fuses there are sepparate fuses too for each power window too. Might be that one of those is out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where do I find these fuses? I mean Im selling this celica to my friend in a week or two but Id like to get the window working before that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So get this, the window works now! So what happened? Well today I went to the junk yard and i stumbled upon 1 7th gen celi in the whole lot (best feeling ever actually finding one) and I decided to take the spedometer cluster from it. Well I get back to my celi to test out the cluster and it read 174k miles (i didnt know the miles were in the cluster) and then i drove around..it worked and I swapped it back. When I swap back I accidentally out of habit put the passenger window down and...IT WORKED. big big BIG WTF moment but hey...its working now...anyone wanna try unplugging their cluster and plugging it back in to see if it fixes it? lol

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I'm starting to believe that multiplex systems go bad after a decade. :chuckles:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, new over here! Ive been having an issue with my Celi where the passenger window died on me. Once day it was working...next day dead. It actually got stuck down and i connected the wiring from the driver side (that works) to the passenger side and it went up so its not the motor. Its also not the switch in the middle since i have another celi and did a swap with no success. Im out of ideas...anyone? oh also the window lock is not on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same issue brother put my windows down one day next thing the passenger window died on me also, stuck down which is a pain in the arse hey atleast the suns out. Did you suss the problem in the end buddy?...

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,636 Posts
Did you check the child lock switch for it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts