NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya! just wondering if anyone had problems with passing the yearly car inspection with mods on? im currently modding my car so i was just curious as to what mods will fail me through the test........ also anyone been stopped by cops with mods? if so what did they stopped you for? just trying to find out what mods are legal and what isnt before i put some major money into modding my ride. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks for any info and help:)

·
Registered
880 Posts
I had no trouble with any of my mods. State inspections very from state to state though and i don't have emiisions in the county i live in.

The only thing i got pulled over for was my window tint. I had 20% on all 5 windows and the a$$hole cop nailed me twice in 2 days. Needless to say i removed the tint.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Well, for inspection, you may want to check for your exhaust, drop and lights. Those are also what cops like to mess w/ us about.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you live in CA like me, you may want to request the help of Prepaid Legal Services. They will fight your tickets for you. My friend has been pulled over and asked to pop the hood 12 times last year.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've gotten pulled over when i didnt have my muffler on my car w/ no resonator either so it was hella loud. But the cop was nice and let me go.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I've gotten pulled over recently for my exhaust and the cop decided to write me up for tint ( i had 13% in the front windows) thats illegal here in CA, white bumper lense bulb, no front license plate, told me to pop my hood but he didnt say anything about the aem cold air intake. And i had to take off my exhaust too.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
i ahve had my tint on for almost a year now, 5% black, the dealership even passed me for it!....never been pulled over for it either. and its illegal here in Pennsylvania, to have anything on ur windows. so i am lcuky i guess. or i just dont drive enouhg :) peace

·
Registered
863 Posts
No problems here yet.. but I have to get my car inspected next weekend so we'll see. I doubt I'll have any problems... if I do I'll go somewhere else (I dont think they can charge for a failed inspection?)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hmm...

Oh, they charge baby. They charge. ^_^

1 - 13 of 13 Posts